Anantheshwar TempleCurrently Open
- Address: Sri Krishna Temple Complex, Thenkpete, Maruthi Veethika, Udupi, Karnataka 576101, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8202522879
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
The oldest temple is Udupi is the Anantheshwar Temple. It is customary to pay a visit to this temple before visiting the famous Sri Krishna Temple. This itself says a lot about its importance. The history dates back to the 8th century when the highly respected Indian philosopher, Madhvacharya taught his disciples theories of life in the same complex. The deity worshipped in the temple is Lord Shiva. It is said that Madhvacharya’s parents worshipped the Lord for 12 years to beget a child, and as a boon, the great philosopher was born. You can know more about the history of the temple, so wait no more.
Anantheshwar Temple Travel Tips
- Modest dressing is compulsory in the temple premises.
- Shoes must be removed before entering the temple premises. Proper facilities are provided for the same.
- Offerings in small amounts are appreciated, boxes for the same are provided.
How to Reach Anantheshwar Temple
- Buses to stop : KSRTC Bus Stand
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Udupi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Udupi and book an accommodation of your choice.