Anegudde Vinayaka Temple159 Votes Currently Open
- Address: NH17, Kumbashi, Kundapura Taluk Udupi District, Karnataka 576257, India
- Timings: 05:30 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8254261079
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Anegudde Vinayaka Temple is a unique temple in Udupi with the most interesting history. Legend has it that a devotee of Lord Ganesha found a rock shaped naturally like the lord’s idol. It is said that he dreamt of a young boy who lead him to a nearby pond, and then disappeared. The next day, the devotee went in search of the place and found the single rock idol naturally sculpted like Lord Ganesha. A temple was then built to allow other devotees to worship the idol.
Today, the idol is covered with a mask made from gold, and the body is covered with silver, to protect the original stone. In this alluring environment, the mind wanders to understand the wonders of the lord, and this power of spirituality is overwhelming.
Anegudde Vinayaka Temple Travel Tips
- Modest dressing is compulsory in the temple premises.
- Shoes must be removed before entering the temple premises. Proper facilities are provided for the same.
- Offerings in small amounts are appreciated, boxes for the same are provided.
- Other contact detailed : +91 08254267397
How to Reach Anegudde Vinayaka Temple
- Buses to stop : Kumbashi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Udupi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Udupi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Anegudde Vinayaka Temple Reviews & Ratings
Can u pl tell us whether we can give contribution online . Do u have bank account number of the trustee of the temple to which we can contribute money through netbanking for Archane?Answer Report Abuse
Accomodation in aneguda Vinayaka templeAnswer Report Abuse
You can contact the temple administration on 082542 72221 to check the accommodation availability.Report Abuse