Chandramoulishwar Temple2 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Car St, Sri Krishna Temple Complex, Thenkpete, Maruthi Veethika, Udupi, Karnataka 576101, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8202522879
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Another important temple in Udupi is the Chandramoulishwar Temple. This small temple is right across from the Anantheshwar Temple. It is believed that the Moon God performed penance at this spot. Lord Shiva was pleased and granted him all his wishes. The temple was built around the same time as the Anantheshwar Temple that is the 8th century. Stone inscriptions date back to the 11th century, and are so remarkable, it proves the talent of the architects. The architecture of the temple is simple, but beautifully decorated. It is adorned with images of Lord Ganesha dancing and other pictures of various Gods and Goddesses. Hidden in the depth of this holy city, this temple is calm and peaceful, and it will immediately encompass you into heavenly tranquility.
Chandramoulishwar Temple Travel Tips
- Modest dressing is compulsory in the temple premises.
- Shoes must be removed before entering the temple premises. Proper facilities are provided for the same.
- Offerings in small amounts are appreciated, boxes for the same are provided.
How to Reach Chandramoulishwar Temple
- Buses to stop : KSRTC Bus Stand
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Udupi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Udupi and book an accommodation of your choice.