Coin Museum1 Vote Currently Open
- Address: Corporation Bank Heritage Museum, Corporation Bank Road, Thenkpete, Maruthi Veethika, Udupi, Karnataka 576101, India Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids
A must visit for all history buffs; the Corporation Bank Heritage Museum has the best collection of ancient coins and stamps. Rare and ancient items like coins, notes, stamps and even barter objects of trade are preserved to perfection, with the oldest coins dating back to 55 BC.
The museum was established in 1906, and is the proud presenter of more than 1300 coins. The collection ranges from the princely states of India, to the mints of modern India. Dynasties like the Mauryas, the Kushans, the Satavahanas, the western Kshatrapas and the Guptas contribute majorly to this fascinating reserve. Comparatively, the latest objects are from Portugese India, British India and Republic India. The enthusiasm of the curator is infectious and his knowledge superior. Get ready to be astounded by this small, yet immensely precious museum.
How to Reach Coin Museum
- Buses to stop : KSRTC Bus Stand
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Udupi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Udupi and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Coin Museum Address: Corporation Bank Heritage Museum, Corporation Bank Road, Thenkpete, Maruthi Veethika, Udupi, Karnataka 576101, India
- Coin Museum Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Coin Museum(preferred time): 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Coin Museum: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!