Sri Krishna Temple297 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Car Street, Thenkpete, Maruthi Veethika, Sri Krishna Temple Complex, Udupi, Karnataka 576101, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8202520598
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Udupi is also known as the Village of Temples. And the most important temple of this place of pilgrimage is the Sri Krishna Temple. Lord Krishna symbolizes love, divinity, strength and the ultimate energy, and all that He symbolizes can be felt in the premises of the temple. The buzzing energy of the atmosphere is exciting, and as soon as you enter the temple, this energy turns into this warmth and peace. You will be mesmerized by the idol, but if you manage to come out of this reverie, take a look around the temple, its design, and the devotion emanating from the devotees.
Legend has it that Goddess Rukmini herself used to worship this idol in Dwaraka (Gujarat). When the Lord left the world and returned to His abode, his friend and devotee Arjun installed the idol in a nearby forest. The idol eventually got buried amongst the sandalwood trees. Thousands of years later, the idol came to Udupi with a sandalwood merchant. Known as “Vaikuntha”, the kingdom of God, Udupi seems the perfect place for the Lord to settle.
This interesting legend is sure to motivate you to visit the temple. Explore the Indian culture, the traditions, and the ever-famous delicious food at the Sri Krishna Temple, and be humbled by the extent of devotion.
Sri Krishna Temple Travel Tips
- Modest dressing is compulsory in the temple premises.
- Shoes must be removed before entering the temple premises. Proper facilities are provided for the same.
- Offerings in small amounts are appreciated, boxes for the same are provided.
- Other contact detailed : +91 08202526598
How to Reach Sri Krishna Temple
- Buses to stop : District Bus Terminal
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Udupi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Udupi and book an accommodation of your choice.