Events and Festivals in Ujjain
Ujjain is a holy city that attracts a lot of religious devotees from pan India. Most of the festivals that take place here are purely religious in nature.
- Kumbh Mela: One of the grandest festivals of India, the KumbhMela is a month-long fair attended by thousands of Hindu devotees. This fair is held every 12 years, beginning on the full moon in the month of Chaitra (March-April) when Jupiter is in Scorpio and the Sun is in Aries.
- Ujjain Ardha Kumbh (half Kumbh): Falling after 6 years, this Kumbh Mela is of equal religious importance and nestles a lot of legends and myths with it. According to Indian mythologies, Ujjain was one of the places where a drop of nectar fell after it fell from the heaven during the tug of war between Gods and Demons. Other places are Prayag(Allahabad), Nasik, and Hardwar.
- Shivratri: Mahashivratri is celebrated here with full gusto and devotion. Celebrated in the month of February or March, this festival is observed with keeping fast and offering milk to the linga.
Trip plans for Ujjain
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Ujjain
- Events & Festivals in Nagda
- Events & Festivals in Badnawar
- Events & Festivals in Agar Malwa
- Events & Festivals in Pithampur
- Events & Festivals in Mhow
- Events & Festivals in Indore