Originally named as Ulki Park, Daewangam park is located on the east coast of Ulsan, along Daewangam rock. Previously, it happens to be the ‘vestige’ of Japanese colonialism. Later in October,2004, the island was renamed as Daewangam. Reaching to this park is quite easily as it is just walking distance away from Ilsan beach. The name ‘Daewangam’ means a “great king’s rock”. The historical fact behind this name says a queen of the ancient country Shilla was buried under Daewangam while praying for the protection of the country. It is said she eventually turned into a dragon, protecting the country. This historical fact is often used as education information for children. Beside this, the location of this park also plays a major role in attracting tourists from all over the world. While reaching to this park, you need to trek for 1 km, passing through the forest of pine trees, cherry trees, magnolias, camellias, apricots and forsythia. This journey is quite adventurous. Once you reach the park, you will fall in love with the cooling sight of East Sea that you get from the coast of this park. Don’t forget to see the Ulgi lighthouse that appears in the distant like a guiding light in the east area.
Daewangam Park Travel Tips
- Entry is free.
- Free parking spaces are available.
- Facilities like walking path, exercise facility and Observatory are available.
- Wheelchairs are available but it is restricted only on paths.
- Wheelchair rental available at Hwangto-gil located in Jungang Theme Road (the park entrance – Ulgi lighthouse).
- Restrooms for handicapped are available at 1F inside Ulgi lighthouse.
How to Reach Daewangam Park
- Take Bus no.s- 108, 133, 401 from Lotte Hotel Ulsan and get off at the entrance of Ilsan Beach. From there, it is 1.2km from the bus stop.
- Caffe Bene Ulsan Ilsan Beach Store
- Beoljip Samgyeopsal Ilsan
- Bela Moti
- Bongchu Jjimdak
- White House
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ulsan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ulsan and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Ulsan include Daewangam Park in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
40.48% of people start their Daewangam Park visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Daewangam Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Daewangam Park