Jangsaengpo Whale Museum, Ulsan
Jangsaengpo Whale Museum, Ulsan - Address, Phone Number
Address: 244 Goraero, Jangsaenggo, Nam-gu, Ulsan,South Korea
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 2.2K times in trip plans
Museum, Outdoors, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Jangsaengpo Whale Museum, Ulsan
Jangsaengpo whale museum is the first and only whale museum located in Jangsaengpo, Nam-gu, Ulsan in South Korea. Previously, it was the central area for Korean whaling industry. Later on, this open space are has been transformed into an historical museum where you can learn everything about whales. The museum also displays the whaling artifacts that were banned in 1986. Beside this, you can experience different fields like Whale Belly Road or the Underwater Adventure zone. In the exhibition center, you can see things like Bryde’s whale skeleton, a killer whale skeleton, gray whale corner, whaling ships, whale aquarium called Jangsaengpo whale life experience museum and so on.
In Jangsaengpo whale life experience museum, you can see various fishes of both fresh and salt water, sharks, sea turtles, dolphins and so on. A 4D zone theater and a hands-on zoo are there, especially for children. Taking an entire tour around the museum will take at least 3 hours.
Jangsaengpo Whale Museum Information
- The museum is closed on Monday; Korean New Year’s day / Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day); day after a national holiday; Thursday of the following week when national holidays are Saturdays or Sundays; when the day after a national holiday is Saturday.
- Package is applied for those who wish to visit the entire museum.
- 4D video room is free of charge for senior citizens (65 years or above), infants (36 months or less), the disabled, persons of national merit, independence patriots and recipients of National Basic Livelihood security.
- Free benefits are accessible to individuals who can provide related proper ID proofs or certificates .
- Pregnant women are not allowed for the 4D video room for safety reasons.
- The museum volunteers explain displays, targeting general visitors, families and more.
- Whaling history hall is located at 2nd floor, Gray Whale hall at 3rd floor, children experience hall at 1st floor.
- Audio guide devices are available on rent.
Jangsaengpo Whale Museum Ticket Prices
For main building-
- Adult (19 years – 64 years) – 1,500won (group over 20 people)
- Youth (13 years – 18years ), serviceman (under the rank of sergeant, duty/operation, riot police, security training) – 1,500 won (individual), 1,000 won (group over 20 people)
- Children (37 months to 12 years old) – 1,000 won (individual), 500 won (group over 20 people)
Whale Life Experience Museum –
- Adult (19 years – 64 years) – 5,000 won (individual), 4,000won (group over 20 people)
- Youth (13 years – 18years) & serviceman (under the rank of sergeant, duty/operation, riot police, security training) – 4,000won (individual), 3,000 won (group over 20 people)
- Children (37 months to 12 years old) – 3,000 won (individual), 2000won (group over 20 people)
- 4D video room – 3,000 won
Package (main building, life experience museum and 4D video room) –
- Adult (19 years – 64 years) – 9,000 won (individual), 7,700won (group over 20 people)
- Youth (13 years – 18years) & serviceman (under the rank of sergeant, duty/operation, riot police, security training) – 7,700 won (individual), 6,300 won (group over 20 people)
- Children (37 months to 12 years old) – 6,300won (individual), 5,000 won (group over 20 people)
- Audio guide device rental price – 2,000 won
Jangsaengpo Whale Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Ticketing – 9:30 am to 5pm
- Operating hours whaling history hall – 10am (1st round), 11am (2nd round), 2pm (3rd round), 3pm (4th round)
Jangsaengpo whale life experience museum
- Ticketing – 9:30 am to 5pm
- Operating hour – 9:30 am to 6pm
How To reach Jangsaengpo Whale Museum by Public Transport
- Take bus 246 to Haegunbudae Apt. (infront of Naval base) and go straight for 200m until you see Jangsaengpo Whale Museum on the right.
Restaurants Near Jangsaengpo Whale Museum
- Gorae Bapsang
- Gorae Gogi Wonjo Halmaejip Main
- Chicken Castle
- Cheogatjip Yangnyeomtongdak Seongnae
- Yeompo Oritang
- Burger Bar & Kitchen
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ulsan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ulsan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Jangsaengpo Whale Museum, Ulsan Reviews
This is a fantastic place. Koreana share their culture and tradition. Needless to say, that, we are strongly against whale killing.
Very cool, but very small for a museum. Total time spent inside was 30 minutes.
Good place to visit in ulsan.. ferry travel is a must to go..
This is so cruel. You have taken these animals out of their natural habitat. They now live a stressful life!
I will never come to your museum you absolutely disgust me. How can you not realise that buying live dolphins from Taji is creating all the unnecessary killings. You have stolen the freedom of these dolphins ruined their lives do you really think they want to go from being free in the ocean to living a life of slavery in a fish tank?? You should be ashamed you God awful people I hope your wrath will come after the horror you have created. Thiefs! CAPTIVITY=SLAUGHTER $$$GREED$$$ MURDERERS