Jangsaengpo whale museum is the first and only whale museum located in Jangsaengpo, Nam-gu, Ulsan in South Korea. Previously, it was the central area for Korean whaling industry. Later on, this open space are has been transformed into an historical museum where you can learn everything about whales. The museum also displays the whaling artifacts that were banned in 1986. Beside this, you can experience different fields like Whale Belly Road or the Underwater Adventure zone. In the exhibition center, you can see things like Bryde’s whale skeleton, a killer whale skeleton, gray whale corner, whaling ships, whale aquarium called Jangsaengpo whale life experience museum and so on.
In Jangsaengpo whale life experience museum, you can see various fishes of both fresh and salt water, sharks, sea turtles, dolphins and so on. A 4D zone theater and a hands-on zoo are there, especially for children. Taking an entire tour around the museum will take at least 3 hours.
Jangsaengpo Whale Museum Travel Tips
- The museum is closed on Monday; Korean New Year’s day / Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day); day after a national holiday; Thursday of the following week when national holidays are Saturdays or Sundays; when the day after a national holiday is Saturday.
- Package is applied for those who wish to visit the entire museum.
- 4D video room is free of charge for senior citizens (65 years or above), infants (36 months or less), the disabled, persons of national merit, independence patriots and recipients of National Basic Livelihood security.
- Free benefits are accessible to individuals who can provide related proper ID proofs or certificates .
- Pregnant women are not allowed for the 4D video room for safety reasons.
- The museum volunteers explain displays, targeting general visitors, families and more.
- Whaling history hall is located at 2nd floor, Gray Whale hall at 3rd floor, children experience hall at 1st floor.
- Audio guide devices are available on rent.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jangsaengpo Whale Museum
For main building-
- Adult (19 years – 64 years) – 1,500won (group over 20 people)
- Youth (13 years – 18years ), serviceman (under the rank of sergeant, duty/operation, riot police, security training) – 1,500 won (individual), 1,000 won (group over 20 people)
- Children (37 months to 12 years old) – 1,000 won (individual), 500 won (group over 20 people)
Whale Life Experience Museum –
- Adult (19 years – 64 years) – 5,000 won (individual), 4,000won (group over 20 people)
- Youth (13 years – 18years) & serviceman (under the rank of sergeant, duty/operation, riot police, security training) – 4,000won (individual), 3,000 won (group over 20 people)
- Children (37 months to 12 years old) – 3,000 won (individual), 2000won (group over 20 people)
- 4D video room – 3,000 won
Package (main building, life experience museum and 4D video room) –
- Adult (19 years – 64 years) – 9,000 won (individual), 7,700won (group over 20 people)
- Youth (13 years – 18years) & serviceman (under the rank of sergeant, duty/operation, riot police, security training) – 7,700 won (individual), 6,300 won (group over 20 people)
- Children (37 months to 12 years old) – 6,300won (individual), 5,000 won (group over 20 people)
- Audio guide device rental price – 2,000 won
Jangsaengpo Whale Museum Hours
- Ticketing – 9:30 am to 5pm
- Operating hours whaling history hall – 10am (1st round), 11am (2nd round), 2pm (3rd round), 3pm (4th round)
Jangsaengpo whale life experience museum
- Ticketing – 9:30 am to 5pm
- Operating hour – 9:30 am to 6pm
How to Reach Jangsaengpo Whale Museum
- Take bus 246 to Haegunbudae Apt. (infront of Naval base) and go straight for 200m until you see Jangsaengpo Whale Museum on the right.
- Gorae Bapsang
- Gorae Gogi Wonjo Halmaejip Main
- Chicken Castle
- Cheogatjip Yangnyeomtongdak Seongnae
- Yeompo Oritang
- Burger Bar & Kitchen
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ulsan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ulsan and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Ulsan include Jangsaengpo Whale Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
57.83% of people start their Jangsaengpo Whale Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Jangsaengpo Whale Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jangsaengpo Whale Museum