Ayers RockCurrently Open
- Address: Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Lasseter Highway, Uluru NT 0872, Australia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +61-889561128
- Ticket Price: 25 AUD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Off Road, Family And Kids, Nature
Ayers Rock is also known by its Aboriginal name “Uluru”. It was named for the Premier of South Australia, Sir Henry Ayers. It is an enormous sandstone monolithic formation and is considered one of Australia’s most iconic natural landmarks. It is 3.6 kms long and rises 348 metres in height. It is also believed that two-thirds of the rock lies beneath the sand.
It holds a sacred place in the creation mythology of the Aboriginal people. There are many stunning pieces of aboriginal rock art around Uluru that dates back at least 5,000 years. Uluru is also known to have the best sunrise and sunset views as the colours of the entire landscape change based on the light. There is an official sunset/sunrise viewing point where one can see the spectacular landscape.
Visitors can either do the entire Uluru Base Walk or cover one or more sections of it. Park rangers guide a daily Mala Walk as well. Other walks are the Kuniya Walk, the Lungkata Walk and the Liru Walk.
Ayers Rock Travel Tips
- Most of the walks are wheelchair accessible, and range from easy to moderate.
- Although climbing is not prohibited, it is discouraged as the aboriginals consider it sacred ground.
- The climb is demanding and there have been cases of death and injury.
- Do not attempt the climb if you have high or low blood pressure, heart problems, breathing problems, a fear of heights or if you are not fit.
- Access to Uluru may be closed due to inclement weather conditions.
- The hottest part of the day at Uluru is between 2:30 pm and 6:30 pm.
- You can hire bicycles from the Cultural Centre through Outback Cycling and take a 15 kilometer return ride 'round the rock'.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ayers Rock
- The three day Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park permit fee of $25 AUD includes visit to Uluru/Ayers Rock.
Ayers Rock Hours
- Free ranger-guided Mala Walk 8 am daily, departs from the Mala Walk car park.
- Closed Overnight; In summer (December, January and February) from 8 am; if the forecasted temperature at 5 pm the day before is 36 degrees Celsius or above.
How to Reach Ayers Rock
- Uluru Express runs buses every hour from all major resorts in Yulara.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Uluru before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Uluru and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Ayers Rock Address: Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Lasseter Highway, Uluru NT 0872, Australia
- Ayers Rock Contact Number: +61-889561128
- Ayers Rock Timing: 24-hrs
- Ayers Rock Price: 25 AUD
- Best time to visit Ayers Rock(preferred time): 07:00 am - 11:00 am
- Time required to visit Ayers Rock: 04:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
82.57% of people who visit Uluru include Ayers Rock in their plan
32.61% of people start their Ayers Rock visit around 07 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Ayers Rock
55.17% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ayers Rock
People normally club together The Cultural Centre and Sounds Of Silence Dinner while planning their visit to Ayers Rock.