How to Reach Uppsala, Sweden
The Easiest Way to Reach Uppsala
- By Air: Uppsala does not have an airport of its own. However, you can take a flight till the Stockholm-Arlanda Airport which lies 35 km south of the city. From there, it is easy to take buses, trains or even taxis till Uppsala.
- By Train: There is a fast train from Stockholm to Uppsala which takes 40 minutes. Most of the trains that come from different cities stop at Stockholm from where you can change trains to reach Uppsala.
- By Car: Uppsala is located along the major highway E4 and stretches all the way to Norrköping and Helsingborg on the south and Haparanda on the Finnish border on the north. It will be one great road trip.
- By Taxi: You can avail taxis to reach Uppsala from the airport at Stockholm.
- By Bus: This is the most cost-effective way to travel to Uppsala. Coaches run from Stockholm’s City Terminalen, as well as other cities like Malmö and Gothenburg.
- By Bike: The best way to enjoy the views and tourist attracions Uppsala has to offer is on a cycle. The city even has a nickname and it’s called bike town. There are several rental places where you can rent bikes and the city is extremely biker-friendly, with paths that parallel nearly every road. When in Rome, you know.
- By Bus: A bus stop is never more than a hundred meters away in Uppsala. If you have Swedish mobile phone, you can pay for a ticket through SMS. Otherwise, tickets are also sold at vending machines which are near most of the bus stops. If you plan on staying for a few days, it’s a good idea to buy a bus card. It’s convenient and it will cost you less.
- By Taxi: There are four major taxi companies in Uppsala: Taxi Direkt, Taxi 020, Uppsala Taxi and Taxi Kurir. They usually will have fixed rates based on the distance you will travel. Be sure to take a taxi from only these companies because you might end up paying an unfair amount to a taxi plying for the smaller companies.
Are you looking for a Uppsala travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Uppsala
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Uppsala. The most preferred mode of transport in Uppsala is Walking.
Average distance: 3.5 km Average time: 14.29 min
Walking 42.86%Walking 12.67 min Bike 1.67 min Overall average time for 2 kms 14.33 min
Car 28.57%Driving 15 min Walking 6 min Overall average time for 7 kms 21 min
Bike 28.57%Bike 7.5 min Overall average time for 2.25 kms 7.5 min
How to Reach Uppsala from Nearby Cities
|Bromma to Uppsala||72.75 km||59 mins|
- How to reach Stockholm
- How to reach Bagarmossen
- How to reach Vårsta
- How to reach Skinnskatteberg
- How to reach Söderala
- How to reach Norrkopping
- How to reach Filipstad
- How to reach Vallsta
- How to reach Algaras
- How to reach Gothenburg
- How to reach Lund
- How to reach Kiruna
- How to reach Halmstad
- How to reach Visby
- How to reach Jukkasjarvi