Hamahiga Island2 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Hamahiga Jima Island, 202 Higa, Katsuren, Uruma-shi, Okinawa, Japan Map
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Family And Kids
Hamahiga Island is one of the four islands connected by the Kaichu-doro Causeway. The island is loved for its beaches, untouched green spaces and the view of this side of the planet unlike any other you have ever seen.
The Shirumichu and Amamichu caves are dedicated to the Gods of creation and are often worshipped with locally found shells and corals as offerings. There are sufficient restaurants and eateries around the island where you can try some great seafood meals. The purple yam crème brulee served at one of the restaurants here is a unique dessert in itself and must not be missed! The scenic views are photo worthy and a dip in the sea at one of its beaches, is the perfect way to spend at afternoon when in Okinawa.
Hamahiga Island Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water and beach essentials as per your need.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hamahiga Island
- Ticket prices of individual attractions on the island vary. For more information, visit the official website.
Hamahiga Island Hours
- Recommended time of arrival from 10.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Timings of individual attractions vary. For more information, visit the official website.
How to Reach Hamahiga Island
- By Bus
- By renting a Car/Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Okinawa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Okinawa and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Hamahiga Island Address: Hamahiga Jima Island, 202 Higa, Katsuren, Uruma-shi, Okinawa, Japan
- Time required to visit Hamahiga Island: 04:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.16% of people who visit Okinawa include Hamahiga Island in their plan
50% of people start their Hamahiga Island visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Hamahiga Island
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hamahiga Island
People normally club together Kaichu Road Lookout and Kafu Banta while planning their visit to Hamahiga Island.