How to Reach Urumqi
- By air : If you are coming by air to Urumqi, your flight will land on the Urumqi DiwopuInternational Airport, which is 20 kilometer northwest from the center of the city. Even domestic flights of Urumqicoming from Beijing, Changsha, Chongqing, Dalian, Dunhuang, Jilin, Nanjing and many other places in China lands on this airport. From the airport, you need to hire a taxi to reach the center of the city.
- By bus : The nearest bus stop is at Heilongjiang Road. If you wish to come by bus to Urumqi, you can do so from Burqin, Korgas, Tacheng, Hotan and many other distant places.
- By train : If you are coming by train, you need to get down at Wulumuqi Railway Station, located at Qingfeng Road. From there, you can hire a car to reach the center of the city.
- By car : People who have plansto come Urumqi by car, should take China Highway 312. It is a motorway crossing Xinjiang from Gansu to the border with Kazakhstan.
- By bus : Take bus no 52 if you wish to move around the airport to the museum. Other than this, bus numbers 101, 61, 63 are available for north to south direction.
- By taxi : metered taxis driven by both male and female drivers are available to move around the city. You can definitely negotiate the price.
- On foot : If you have a strong foot, exploring the city by walking is the best thing you can do. However, the routes are quite long. Hence, check the city map before starting your journey on foot.