Are you looking for what to do in Urumqi?
PLACES TO SEE
- Tianshan Mountains (Celestial Mountains/ Heavenly Mountains) : An hour drive from Urumqi will take you to this beautiful mountain range, situated in the Eurasia hinterland. It is one of the popular tourist attractions of Urumqi that has been declared a World Heritage List by the UNESCO in 2013.
- Tianshan Tianchi Lake (Heavenly Lake) : It is one of the adventurous things to do and see in Urumqi. People often refer this beautiful lake as a ‘pearl of Heavenly Mountain’ because of its crescent shape and the crystal clear water in it that comes from the melting snow of the Heavenly Mountain. You can go for boating on this lake.
- Xinjiang Regional Museum : It is the largest integrated museum and has been the center for preserving around 50,000 collections displaying the revolutionary spirit of the people of Urumqi and the ancient corpse that was said to be dried by natural process.
- Red Hill : Made of aubergine rock which is of reddish brown in color explain the fact as to why the name ‘Red Hill was given to this mountain. The hill is around 1 kilometer wide from east to west and 1.5 kilometer long and is near to this hill lies Yamalike Hill.
- People’s Park : It is said to be the biggest park in the urban city and is one of the best things to see in Urumqi. The park is said to be ‘the park for sharing happiness’.
Below we have a list of things to do in Urumqi and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Urumqi getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Urumqi with confidence.