Saint Christopher Tours
About Saint Christopher, Ushuaia
Saint Christopher (Greek: Ἅγιος Χριστόφορος, Ágios Christóforos) is venerated by several Christian denominations as a martyr killed in the reign of the 3rd-century Roman Emperor Decius (reigned 249–251) or alternatively under the Roman Emperor Maximinus II Dacian (reigned 308–313). There appears to be confusion due to the similarity in names "Decius" and "Dacian". However his veneration only appears late in Christian tradition, and did not become widespread in the Western Church until the Late Middle Ages, although churches and monasteries were named after him by the 7th century. It is disputed whether Christopher existed, and if so whether the name applied to a specific person or was a general title meaning "Christ-bearer" which was applied to several different real or legendary people. He may be the same figure as Saint Menas. His most famous legend, which is mainly known from the West and may draw from Ancient Greek mythology, tells that he carried a child, who was unknown to him, across a river before the child revealed himself as Christ. Therefore, he is the patron saint of travelers, and small images of him are often worn around the neck, on a bracelet, carried in a pocket, or placed in vehicles by Christians.Wikipedia
Overview of Saint Christopher
Welcome to the page of Saint Christopher. This is a place of interest in the city of Ushuaia in Argentina. Saint Christopher is not the prime point of interest of Ushuaia. Although, you can pay a quick visit to it if you are around.
Ushuaia tours ideally do not include a visit to Saint Christopher.
More about Ushuaia
Create a customized plan for your visit using the Ushuaia trip planner. You can use ready templates or start from scratch for the same.
You won't miss your home when in Ushuaia, hotels in Ushuaia like Los Naranjos, Rosa De Los Vientos, Hotel Villa Brescia and Mil810 Ushuaia Hotel offer some of the best places to stay in the city.
If you want to add the visit to Saint Christopher in your trip, you can choose from the variety of Ushuaia vacation packages that can be designed to suit your preferences. These packages also cover your major concern of how to reach Ushuaia.
Book Saint Christopher Tickets And Tours
Spend a day outside of Ushuaia and uncover the gorgeous valleys, mountains and lakes of Patagonia. On this full-day sightseeing tour of the southern tip of Argentina, you'll visit Lake Fagnano and Lake Escondido, two hidden gems of the Feugian Andes region.
Get out on the water on this catamaran tour from Ushuaia through the Beagle Channel. Experience the natural beauty of the southernmost part of South America as you sail through the beautiful channel, getting up-close looks at the islands and wildlife off the Ushuaia coast.
Travel from Islas Malvinas airport to your Ushuaia hotel worry-free and without a hassle. Transfers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and coincide with your flight's arrival.
The End of the World train relives the last 7km of the original convict train which run in Ushuaia from 1910 to 1947.Â Onboard the train you will listen the history in different languages and you will be delighted with the magnificent fueguian landscapes, composed by rivers, cascades, forests and mountains, travelling through inaccessible parts of the Tierra del Fuego National Park.Â This railway works all year long with steam locomotives and has a gauge of 50 cm., one of the narrowest gauges in the world.
Share your experience - Rate Saint Christopher, Ushuaia
Excelente atención, platos exquisitos, muy buena cerveza, pero mucho olor a comida
Buena carta y agradable ambiente!
Muy buena comida y atención. Vista increíble
Es un buen lugar pero aun puede mejorar mucho mas.
- Other Attractions
- Morro Do Elefante
- Ducha De Prata
- Amantikir Jardins
- Horto Florestal
- Museu Felicia Leirner
- Boa Vista Palace
- Bondinho Urbano
- Fabrica De Cerveja Baden Baden
- Borboletario Flores Que Voam
- Parque Da Floresta Encantada
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Luxury Hotels Near Morro Do Elefante
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Ducha De Prata
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Amantikir Jardins
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Horto Florestal
- Budget Hotels Near Museu Felicia Leirner
- Budget Hotels Near Boa Vista Palace
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Bondinho Urbano
- 5 Star Hotels Near Fabrica De Cerveja Baden Baden
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Borboletario Flores Que Voam
- Luxury Hotels Near Parque Da Floresta Encantada
- City Tripplans
- 12 Day Trip to Buenos Aires, Santiago, Cordoba, Ushuaia from Buenos Aires
- Trip to Santiago, Ushuaia
- 37 Day Trip to Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Cuba, Chile from Playa Del Carmen
- 12 Day Trip to Buenos Aires from Porto
- 40 Day Trip to Argentina, Chile from Tel Aviv
- Trip to Buenos Aires from Bratislava
- 5 Day Trip to Ushuaia from Salvador
- 29 Day Trip to Buenos Aires, Ushuaia from Mendoza
- 16 Day Trip to Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Ushuaia, El Calafate, Uspallata from Dubai
- Trip to Buenos Aires from Bratislava