Kirti Stambh218 Votes Currently Open
- Address: E-1/604, Palace Rd, Shiyabaug, Babajipura, Vadodara, Gujarat 390001, India Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Family And Kids
Built in 1935 to mark the 60th year of the reign of Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III, the Kriti Stamb has become an important landmark in Vadodara. The symbolism of the stambh is its real essence. It is believed that the king built the structure to leave behind his legacy and to convey that he would be stepping down from the throne. Look close and you can see the lion depicted on the pillar looking away from the Laxmi Villas palace- representing the time for the King to let go of the reign and move away from the throne. The lion is facing east and is symbolic in Hindu culture since travelling to the east is considered a way of attaining enlightenment and salvation in Hindu philosophy. The structure is made from pink Songadh stone and was designed and built by Krishnarao Chavan- a prominent artist of his time.
In a way, the pillar also signifies a golden time in the history of Vadodara especially that of the royal family. Stop by to see the pillar and to simply admire the minimal yet effective design of the structure.
How to Reach Kirti Stambh
- By Bus: Palace Main Gate
- By taking an Auto-rickshaw
- By Taxi/ Cab
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vadodara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vadodara and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Kirti Stambh Address: E-1/604, Palace Rd, Shiyabaug, Babajipura, Vadodara, Gujarat 390001, India
- Kirti Stambh Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Kirti Stambh(preferred time): 08:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Time required to visit Kirti Stambh: 00:15 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Vadodara include Kirti Stambh in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
28% of people start their Kirti Stambh visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Kirti Stambh
90.92% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kirti Stambh
People normally club together Akkalkot Swami Math and Maharaja Fatesingh Museum while planning their visit to Kirti Stambh.