Kuber Bhandari Shiva TempleCurrently Open
- Address: Kuber Bhandari Shiva Temple, Karnali Village, Dabhoi, Narmada, Gujarat, Vadodara, India
- Timings: 04:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-2663233377
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Located around 60 kilometers from Vadodara on the banks of river Narmada, the Kuber Bhandari temple is dedicated to Lord Kubera- the god of wealth and success who is a form of Lord Shiva himself. There are two mythological stories about the place. One story goes that Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati were passing through this place and the goddess asked for food and water after a shortstop right here. Lord Shiva saw the barren place and decided to stay here and bless the area with never-ending food and water for pilgrims. Another story goes that after forced to leave Ravana’s Kingdom, Kuber prayed for his own kingdom and this is where he ruled.
Today, the temple sits on the banks of Narmada river and can be accessed by climbing 680 steps. The temple is 2500 years old and is built about 800 feet above the river. The main deity of Lord Shiva can be seen in the form of a Shiv lingam where people offer milk and water to appease the god. Even though the temple is visited by devotees all year round, the Somvati Amavasya is when the temple is at its best with grand celebrations during the new moon night. Boat services across the river take you to Poicha on the other side of the river.
Kuber Bhandari Shiva Temple Travel Tips
- Try to visit the place well during the day since conveyance can be a problem at night.
- A dip is a river is a common way to cleanse before worshipping Lord Kubera at the temple but there the river is home to crocodiles and it is advised to keep a safe distance away from the water.
Entrance Ticket Details For Kuber Bhandari Shiva Temple
- Admission to the place is free of cost.
- Admission fee for Special darshan: INR 250 per person
- The boat ride costs around INR 500 for a boat that can accommodate around 12 people.
Kuber Bhandari Shiva Temple Hours
- Amavasya timing: 12.00 am to 1.00 pm.
How to Reach Kuber Bhandari Shiva Temple
- By Bus: Kuber Bhandari
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vadodara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vadodara and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kuber Bhandari Shiva Temple Reviews & Ratings
Is temple open on Saturday 13-3-21 ?Answer Report Abuse
Tomorrow 11-3-2021 kuber bhandari is open or closeAnswer Report Abuse
Tomorrow 14/11/20 the temple is open or close ??? Please tell me .Answer Report Abuse
How to rich at kuber bhandari from VAdodaraAnswer Report Abuse
You can reach Kuber Bhandari Shiva Temple via GJ SH 11 and GJ SH 63 from Vadodara. It is recommended to check online maps for further assistance.Report Abuse