Nilkanth Dham Swaminarayan TempleCurrently Open
- Address: Nilkanthdham Road, Poicha, Gujarat 393145, Vadodara, India Map
- Timings: 09:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-9099621000
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Located a mere 85 kilometers from Vadodara, the Nilkanth Dham Swaminarayan Temple is one of the grandest temples in the state. Built mainly out of sandstone, the entrance welcomes you to a view of an artificial pond that encircles the main shrine. The carvings seen on every inch of the temple are exquisitely carved to show figures from Hindu mythological books and scriptures. Every mandap has its own flag that waves in the breeze and the stark blue water juxtaposed with the sand coloured stone come together in perfect harmony to offer a visual treat. The shivling in the artificial pond can be accessed via a boat shaped like a peacock and along with a beautiful fountain, this is by far one of the most unique spots around the city.
The temple’s main deity is Swaminarayan and the evening aartis here are the main attraction. The artwork around the temple is stunning and includes a chariot (from Mahabharat) and larger than life sculptures that are a burst of colour. The surrounding garden area offers an oasis for visitors while the exhibition room has a miniature of the temple design along with other exhibits. Devotees come here to make a wish and to pray for prosperity while causal visitors love the landscaping and the tranquil atmosphere of the place.
Nilkanth Dham Swaminarayan Temple Travel Tips
- It is customary to remove your footwear before you enter the temple. Wearing modest clothing is also preferred when you visit the temple.
Nilkanth Dham Swaminarayan Temple Hours
- Aarti timings: at 5.00 am and at 6.00 am
- Abhishekh Darshan: 5.30 am to 6.00 am
- Abhishekh Aarti: 5.30 am to 6.00 am
- Exhibition ticket window hours: 10.30 am to 7.00 pm
- Light Show: 7.00 pm to 10.00 pm
- Aarti: 6.00 pm and 7.30 pm
How to Reach Nilkanth Dham Swaminarayan Temple
- By Bus: Poicha Bus Stop
- Taking an Auto-rickshaw.
- By Taxi/ Cab
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vadodara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vadodara and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Nilkanth Dham Swaminarayan Temple Address: Nilkanthdham Road, Poicha, Gujarat 393145, Vadodara, India
- Nilkanth Dham Swaminarayan Temple Contact Number: +91-9099621000
- Nilkanth Dham Swaminarayan Temple Timing: 09:30 am - 08:00 pm
- Best time to visit Nilkanth Dham Swaminarayan Temple(preferred time): 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Nilkanth Dham Swaminarayan Temple: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
Nilkanth Dham Swaminarayan Temple Reviews & Ratings
how to book a online rooms @ nilkanthdhamAnswer Report Abuse
Mandir ane bija show Tuesday open 6.corona na lidhe close to nthi ne.Answer Report Abuse
Neelkantha dham swami narayan mandir khulneka samay kay hai aur ticket hai kayAnswer Report Abuse
Poicha Mandir open tomorrow ??Answer Report Abuse
How charges of entry in mandirAnswer Report Abuse
Is the poicha tample is open tomorrow on Sunday?Answer Report Abuse
Any weekly off day or close day.Answer Report Abuse
No, the temple is said to be open throughout the week.Report Abuse