Sursagar Lake1 Vote Currently Open
- Address: Sur Sagar Lake, Mandvi, Vadodara, Gujarat 390001, Mandvi, Vadodara, Gujarat 390001, India Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Family And Kids, Lake
The Sursagar Lake was earlier known as the Chandan Talav and formerly its location was outside the walls of Baroda. Its original design consisted of embankments and “ghats” that would be used by locals to access the water.
The lake was re-designed and rebuilt in the 18th century to incorporate stone masonry and a stone-walkway that extends around it. During the excavation of the lake area in the 1990’s, an ancient temple was found at the base of the lake.
Today, the lake retains water all year round and has become a favourite evening spot for locals. The lake has underground gates that empty the water into the Vishvamitra river in case of flooding.
A 120-feet tall statue of Lord Shiva stands in the middle of the lake and offers quite a mesmerizing view at sunset. The statue is decorated with lights every Mahashivratri which is a highlight of the lake. The lake is also used for idol immersion during other festivals. Boating is permitted here for a minimal fee but for most visitors, a walk around the lake is just as relaxing.
How to Reach Sursagar Lake
- By Bus:Sur Sagar
- By taking an Auto-rickshaw.
- By Taxi/ Cab
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vadodara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vadodara and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Sursagar Lake Address: Sur Sagar Lake, Mandvi, Vadodara, Gujarat 390001, Mandvi, Vadodara, Gujarat 390001, India
- Sursagar Lake Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Sursagar Lake(preferred time): 08:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Time required to visit Sursagar Lake: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
Sursagar Lake Reviews & Ratings
Price to visit sursagar lakeAnswer Report Abuse