Are you looking for what to do in Valencia?
WHAT TO SEE
- Plaza del Mercado: This square is worth a visit as it is home to 3 interesting buildings – the Silk Market (a UNESCO site as an excellent example of gothic architecture); the colourful Central Market in a modernist building; and the baroque style Santos Juanes Church.
- Torres de Serranos: These gothic towers were constructed at the end of the14th century, serving as prison cells, fortification, and as a symbol for festive occasions. This is something that you will definitely want to see when you visit Valencia.
- El Miguelete, La Catedral and Plaza de la Virgen: These three cathedral gates are built in three different styles – the Baroque Irons Gate, the Gothic Apostle, and the Romanesque Place Gate. You can enjoy spectacular views of the city from the El Miguelete bell tower.
- La Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias: For a more modern touch, visit the City of Arts and Sciences complex. This modern building houses four main sections – the interactive science museum, the Palau de les Arts Opera House, L'Hemisferic Laserium and L' Oceanographic, a huge marine park.
WHERE TO BE
- For a shopping trip, Patriarca Square has a great variety of local brands. If you are a tourist looking for fashion items, then this is the place to be.
- If it’s nightlife you’re after, Barrio del Carmen is Valencia’s major nightlife hotspot, with plenty of dance halls, restaurants, and bars. You can spend your romantic evening there or even with friends.
- Radio City: This mix of a bar and a club has a crowded dance floor and plays a variety of world music. The crowd is made up of both locals and travelers from around the world.
- Cafe Infanta: This bar and cafe has outdoor seating, interestingly decorated with Hollywood insignia and memorabilia.
- El Tornillo, Velvet Underground, Wah Wah, Matisse: These four famous pubs are popular with young people on the weekends and all are located in and around Calle Campoamor. During the week these pubs are not very busy although there is always somebody doing something there.
Below we have a list of things to do in Valencia and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Valencia getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Valencia with confidence.