National War MuseumCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: St. Elmo Place, Il-Belt Valletta VLT 1741, Malta
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 356-21222430
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, History Museum, War Memorial, Family And Kids
National War Museum - Review
The National War Museum is a fascinating place to visit in Valletta. The events and conditions that surrounded the two major wars have been beautifully elucidated in this very unique and charming museum in the city of Valletta.
Moreover, the museum gives a context of the country’s role in the wars. The two world wars and their consequences everywhere find a very interesting rooting from the point of view of Malta. This one of a kind sort of a museum is certainly a treat for history lovers. Even kids will enjoy the way the museum has managed to keep history live through the varied exhibits.
Have a walk through the history and dynamics of war with this museum that offers you an insider’s experience. You can easily buy tickets for National War museum on the counter, however, a tour would offer you an insight which probably you wont be able to see otherwise. National War Museum tickets tours are readily available with us, you just need to come and book your tickets for National War museum in time. For detailed National War museum ticket prices, refer to our tickets section.
National War Museum Information
- Other Hours: Last admission 4:30 pm.
National War Museum Ticket Prices
- Adults (18 - 59 years)- 6 euros.
- Students (12 - 17 years), Senior Citizens (60 years and over), ISIC Card Holders, EURO less than 26,Card Holders, ISE Card Holders and ICOM Card Holders- 4.50 euros.
- Children (6 -11 years): 3 euros, Infants (1 -5 years)- Free.
How To reach National War Museum by Public Transport
- Fossa (Bus)
Restaurants Near National War Museum
- Rampila Restaurant
- The Chop House
- Ta' Kris Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Valletta before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Valletta and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting National War Museum
95% of people who visit Valletta include National War Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
39.53% of people start their National War Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see National War Museum
71.92% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National War Museum
National War Museum Map
National War Museum Trips
National War Museum, Valletta Reviews
The museum is very well kept and looks professional. Sadly section 7 was under maintenance when I paid a visit, but the rest of the museum was great. Furthermore, the exhibits had a clear description and detailed information. The interactive parts and the regular shows all around the museum give a great view into Malta's rich history and of course the history of the fort itself. Because of the amount of walking and the content of the exhibit this is more for those interested in history.
This museum is a live testimony of Malta's rich historical past. It is housed in Fort St. Elmo and there's so much to see that one has to spare a couple of hours to be able to understand and appreciate Malta's involvement in the major events which shook Europe and the world, be it the Great Siege of 1565 and the two World Wars. Nothing has been spared to present a very detailed presentation with all sorts of exhibits from the different era throughout Malta's rich historical past housed in different sections. Well done to all especially to Heritage Malta for the dedication shown.
Amazing exhibit in a fort on the tip of Valletta. One of the exhibition halls was shut n my good lady wife was hurrying me through the rest but a great series of artifacts, info and timelimes. The view down onto the barracks looks ace - I hope they also open them up one day!
Very interesting but aimed more for a history buff than your general tourist. Bit pricey at €10 each. Very impressive views. Poorly signposted to the main part of the tour, almost missed it as there was work being done on the enterance. Wouldn’t really advise taking kids as it’s lots of information and not overly interactive.
Very detailed for 1564 siege, the Napoleonic period and the second world war; very interesting with amazing views. Took us 2.5 hours to get round, but reading lots. A few audio-visual bits and lots of displays.
All QuestionsNational war museum
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal