Are you looking for what to do in Valletta?
PLACES TO SEE
It is impossible to be bored in Valletta. There are churches, cathedrals, gardens, theatres, museums and buildings with unique architecture and history, storing treasures and legends to explore. Some of the must-sees are
- St. John's Co-Cathedral: This stunning building in Malta has been showered with great praise from architecture enthusiasts all over the world. It is considered to be one of the most impressive illustrations of Baroque architecture. Such high praise certainly ensures that it is a tourist destination par excellence and undoubtedly a must-visit. It has a rich and interesting history and is still a very important place of worship. The imposing building stands as a symbol of Malta in many ways.
- Upper Barrakka Gardens: The Upper Barrakka Gardens are an exquisite site in Valletta. These charming gardens are a great place to take a refreshing break from all the sightseeing that you will be doing during your trip to the city. The gardens are a great setting for destination weddings and proposals as well.
- Casa Rocca Piccola: The Casa Rocca Piccola is a beautiful 16th century house that has been made open to the tourists in Valletta. This attraction is undoubtedly one of the highlights of the country of Malta. A tour across the rustic passageways and the several rooms are an insightful look into the aristocratic life of the time.
- Fort St Elmo: This weekend attraction is an interesting visit in Valetta. This fort was and still is used as an important military base. It is opened to the public only on Sundays which adds to the amazing pull it has on Malta tourists. One thing is for certain, it is an attraction worth waiting for the weekend for.
- National Museum of Archaeology: You will find quite a few interesting things to see in Republic Street. The National Museum of Archaeology is one of them. This amazing collection of artifacts and articles from Malta’s history is sure to leave you astonished.
Below we have a list of things to do in Valletta and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Valletta getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Valletta with confidence.