How to Reach Vancouver - The Easiest Way to Reach Vancouver
How to get in and get around Vancouver
Getting to Vancouver can be typically done by multiple options.
- Ny Air: The main airport is Vancouver International Airport and is well connected to the airports of major cities across the globe.
- By Road: Many people in Seattle opt to take the three hour drive north to see the city. Also you can travel all your way to Vancouver from Toronto by road.
- By Ferries, Cruise: Another alternative option to reach Vancouver is through the waterways. BC Ferries and Cruise ships make port here year round.
- By Public Transport: Once in Vancouver, travel around the city is simple with the transportation system of buses, trains, and ferries. Convenient and easy to use, Public transport is the best way to travel around the city. The extensive metro, bus and train network just makes it a lot more convinient for you.
- By Hired Car: You can also hire a car but it will be expensive and you will need an international permit.
Are you looking for a Vancouver travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Vancouver
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Vancouver. The most preferred mode of transport in Vancouver is Car.
Average distance: 16.32 km Average time: 39 min
Car 48.48%Driving 38.48 min Walking 1.19 min Waiting 0.02 min Overall average time for 22.59 kms 39.69 min
Bus/Trolleybus 13.13%Bus 28 min Walking 5.62 min Waiting 4.23 min Train 3.15 min Driving 1.15 min Overall average time for 13.12 kms 42.15 min
Train/Metro 3.03%Train 26.67 min Walking 6.67 min Waiting 2.33 min Bus 1.67 min Overall average time for 9 kms 37.33 min
Walking 19.19%Walking 30.58 min Driving 5.26 min Bus 2.26 min Waiting 1.42 min Other 1.05 min Bike 0.79 min Train 0.63 min Overall average time for 6.3 kms 42 min
Bike 9.09%Bike 25.67 min Other 0.44 min Walking 0.33 min Overall average time for 10.11 kms 26.44 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.01%Tram 25 min Walking 20 min Bus 15 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 40 kms 65 min
How to Reach Vancouver from Nearby Cities
|Richmond to Vancouver||7.18 km||7 mins|
|Delta to Vancouver||15.45 km||15 mins|
|Burnaby to Vancouver||17.14 km||17 mins|
|New westminster to Vancouver||23.74 km||23 mins|
|Squamish to Vancouver||25.81 km||25 mins|
|Surrey to Vancouver||30.68 km||30 mins|
|Port moody to Vancouver||32.12 km||32 mins|
|Port coquitlam to Vancouver||37.76 km||37 mins|
|Maple ridge to Vancouver||58 km||58 mins|