How to Reach Vancouver
How to get in and get around Vancouver
Getting to Vancouver can be typically done by multiple options.
- Ny Air: The main airport is Vancouver International Airport and is well connected to the airports of major cities across the globe.
- By Road: Many people in Seattle opt to take the three hour drive north to see the city. Also you can travel all your way to Vancouver from Toronto by road.
- By Ferries, Cruise: Another alternative option to reach Vancouver is through the waterways. BC Ferries and Cruise ships make port here year round.
- By Public Transport: Once in Vancouver, travel around the city is simple with the transportation system of buses, trains, and ferries. Convenient and easy to use, Public transport is the best way to travel around the city. The extensive metro, bus and train network just makes it a lot more convinient for you.
- By Hired Car: You can also hire a car but it will be expensive and you will need an international permit.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Vancouver. The most preferred mode of transport in Vancouver is Car.
Average distance: 16.73 km Average time: 39.81 min
Car 49.04%Driving 38.57 min Walking 1.12 min Waiting 0.02 min Overall average time for 23.38 kms 39.71 min
Bus/Trolleybus 13.46%Bus 27.14 min Walking 5.5 min Waiting 5.36 min Train 2.93 min Driving 1.07 min Overall average time for 12.47 kms 42 min
Train/Metro 2.88%Train 26.67 min Walking 6.67 min Waiting 2.33 min Bus 1.67 min Overall average time for 9 kms 37.33 min
Walking 19.23%Walking 33.55 min Driving 6.25 min Bus 2.15 min Waiting 1.35 min Other 1 min Bike 0.75 min Train 0.6 min Overall average time for 6.49 kms 45.65 min
Bike 8.65%Bike 25.67 min Other 0.44 min Walking 0.33 min Overall average time for 10.11 kms 26.44 min
Tram/Streetcar 0.96%Tram 25 min Walking 20 min Bus 15 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 40 kms 65 min