Abbaye De Bon-repos, Vannes
Abbaye De Bon-repos - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: Le Bon Repos, 22570 Saint-Gelven, France, Vannes
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 711 times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Historical Site, Market, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Shop, Heritage Building
Make a customized trip plan with our trip itinerary planner app
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Need more info?
About Abbaye De Bon-repos, Vannes
Located in the town of Saint-Gelvin, overlooking the beautiful Nantes-Brest canal is the Abbey of Bon Repos. Lovers of contemporary art should not miss this place. The intimidating building looks medieval but was recently restored in 1986 after it’d been burnt to ruins by the royalists in 1795. With that rich a history, a place deserves to be an important centre for art and culture. And it is. Legend has it that the place was built by a tired hunter who had been told to do so by Virgin Mary. She had visited him in a dream when he had rested on that pice of land where the Abbey stands now. Bon Repos means Good Rest. Highlights include:
- Contemporary art exhibitions. Artists, along with the locales try to understand the culture and the environment they live in. Interaction with the artists is common.
- A famous Sound and Light show that tells in an entertaining fashion, the history of Brittany.
- A lively Farmer’s market on Sunday mornings.
- Crystal Shop
- Dried-Flower seller.
- Guided tours and workshops.
Locales like to say that the place is like the bird Phoenix. It rose from the ashes.
Abbaye De Bon-repos Information
- Group visits have to ber reserved in advance.
- Details of the ongoing exhibitions at website.
- Take the guided tour. The history of the place is rich enough to know.
Abbaye De Bon-repos Ticket Prices
July and August
- Adults: 6 €
- Children (less than 16yrs): 2 €
- Family: 13 €
March to November
- Adults: 5 €
- Children: 2 €
- Family: 13 €
Group visit: 3.5 € per person
How To reach Abbaye De Bon-repos by Public Transport
- Bus no.: Line-3@Vannes to Pontivy, hire a car from there.
Restaurants Near Abbaye De Bon-repos
- Creperie de Bon Repos
- Milin Ruz
- Le Kost Ar C'hoat
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vannes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vannes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Abbaye De Bon-repos, Vannes Reviews
All Questionsabbaye de bon-repos
Find places near Abbaye De Bon-repos, Vannes
HAMON Valerie le Bourg2.538 km away
Café de l'abbaye Bon Repos0.231 km away
Claude Pascale Bon Repos0.403 km away
Au P'tit Pont rue du Bon Repos0.442 km away
Crêperie de Bon Repos Bon Repos0.244 km away
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Vannes
- Doyen Gallery
- Paroisse Saint Guen
- Parc Du Golfe
- Parc Naturel Regional Du Golfe Du Morbihan
- Breton Costumes Discovery Centre
- Antalia Web & Communication
- La Garenne
- Charme D'antan Romantique Vintage Cadeaux Originaux-décoration-meubles Vannes Centre Historique
- Seeweb Sites Internet A Vannes
- Plage De Conleau