Abbaye De Bon-repos
About Abbaye De Bon-repos, Vannes
Located in the town of Saint-Gelvin, overlooking the beautiful Nantes-Brest canal is the Abbey of Bon Repos. Lovers of contemporary art should not miss this place. The intimidating building looks medieval but was recently restored in 1986 after it’d been burnt to ruins by the royalists in 1795. With that rich a history, a place deserves to be an important centre for art and culture. And it is. Legend has it that the place was built by a tired hunter who had been told to do so by Virgin Mary. She had visited him in a dream when he had rested on that pice of land where the Abbey stands now. Bon Repos means Good Rest. Highlights include:
- Contemporary art exhibitions. Artists, along with the locales try to understand the culture and the environment they live in. Interaction with the artists is common.
- A famous Sound and Light show that tells in an entertaining fashion, the history of Brittany.
- A lively Farmer’s market on Sunday mornings.
- Crystal Shop
- Dried-Flower seller.
- Guided tours and workshops.
Locales like to say that the place is like the bird Phoenix. It rose from the ashes.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vannes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vannes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Abbaye De Bon-repos Information
- Group visits have to ber reserved in advance.
- Details of the ongoing exhibitions at website.
- Take the guided tour. The history of the place is rich enough to know.
Abbaye De Bon-repos Tickets Prices
July and August
- Adults: 6 €
- Children (less than 16yrs): 2 €
- Family: 13 €
March to November
- Adults: 5 €
- Children: 2 €
- Family: 13 €
Group visit: 3.5 € per person
How To Get To Abbaye De Bon-repos by Public Transport
- Bus no.: Line-3@Vannes to Pontivy, hire a car from there.
Restaurants Near Abbaye De Bon-repos
- Creperie de Bon Repos
- Milin Ruz
- Le Kost Ar C'hoat
Address: Le Bon Repos, 22570 Saint-Gelven, France
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Art And Culture, Historical Site, Market, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Shop, Heritage Building
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Share your experience - Rate Abbaye De Bon-repos, Vannes
- Other Attractions
- Hogklint Naturreservat
- Botanisca Tradgarden
- Nicolai Ruins
- Botanical Gardens
- Morgan And Skoog
- Gotska Sandon
- Wallins Åkeri I Lummelunda Ab
- Visby Town Wall
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Hogklint Naturreservat
- Cheap Hotels Near Botanisca Tradgarden
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Nicolai Ruins
- Hotels Near Botanical Gardens
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Morgan And Skoog
- Budget Hotels Near Gotska Sandon
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Visby City Center
- 5 Star Hotels Near Visby Busstation
- Budget Hotels Near Wallins Åkeri I Lummelunda Ab
- Hotels Near Visby Town Wall
- City Tripplans
- Vannes Itinerary 1 Day
- Vannes Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Vannes from Vannes
- Vannes Itinerary 2 Days
- Vannes Itinerary 3 Days
- 4 Day Trip to Vannes from Vannes
- Vannes Itinerary 5 Days
- 6 Day Trip to Vannes from Vannes
- Vannes Itinerary 4 Days
- Vannes Itinerary 6 Days