La Roche-bernard, Vannes
About La Roche-bernard, Vannes
La Roche-bernard, Vannes - Address
Address: 44 kms to the Southeast of Vannes
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.3K times in trip plans
Church, Museum, Garden, Village, Family And Kids, Boating, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Found by a Viking lord in 1000AD for its strategic position because of the river, this village is now known for its port. But the trade activity mellowed down long back due to the development of Railways. Now the port is used as a station for boat trips and private yachts. The deep harbour offers protection from bad weather and the quaint streets provide with a calming interlude when the shops are shut.
- The Maritime museum
- Two cannon guns from the drowned French warship ‘Le Juste’.
- A granite promontory overlooking the river Vilaine and the port.
- Notre-Dame Church
- Garennes garden
La Roche-bernard Information
- Avoid monsoon season because then the boat rides would be closed.
- Do not plan more for the day. There is enough activity in this village to tire you out.
How To reach La Roche-bernard by Public Transport
- Bus no.: Line 8 @Vannes
- Train: Vannes- Redon- La Roche-Bernard
Restaurants Near La Roche-bernard
- Restaurant le Vieux Quartier
- Le Sarah B
- Auberge des Deux Magots
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vannes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vannes and book an accommodation of your choice.
La Roche-bernard, Vannes Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Doyen Gallery
- Paroisse Saint Guen
- Parc Du Golfe
- Parc Naturel Regional Du Golfe Du Morbihan
- Breton Costumes Discovery Centre
- Antalia Web & Communication
- La Garenne
- Charme D'antan Romantique Vintage Cadeaux Originaux-décoration-meubles Vannes Centre Historique
- Seeweb Sites Internet A Vannes
- Vannes Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Vannes
- What to See in 48 Hours in Vannes
- What to See in 72 Hours in Vannes
- How to Spend 5 Days in Vannes
- How to Spend 6 Days in Vannes
- How to Spend 7 Days in Vannes