About La Roche-bernard, Vannes
Found by a Viking lord in 1000AD for its strategic position because of the river, this village is now known for its port. But the trade activity mellowed down long back due to the development of Railways. Now the port is used as a station for boat trips and private yachts. The deep harbour offers protection from bad weather and the quaint streets provide with a calming interlude when the shops are shut.
- The Maritime museum
- Two cannon guns from the drowned French warship ‘Le Juste’.
- A granite promontory overlooking the river Vilaine and the port.
- Notre-Dame Church
- Garennes garden
La Roche-bernard Information
- Avoid monsoon season because then the boat rides would be closed.
- Do not plan more for the day. There is enough activity in this village to tire you out.
How To Get To La Roche-bernard by Public Transport
- Bus no.: Line 8 @Vannes
- Train: Vannes- Redon- La Roche-Bernard
Restaurants Near La Roche-bernard
- Restaurant le Vieux Quartier
- Le Sarah B
- Auberge des Deux Magots
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vannes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vannes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Share your experience - Rate La Roche-bernard, Vannes
- Other Attractions
- Rocca Paolina
- Lake Trasimeno
- Piazza Iv Novembre
- Fontana Maggiore
- Galleria Nazionale Dell' Umbria
- Corso Vannucci
- Cathedral Of San Lorenzo
- Old Town
- Museo - Laboratorio Di Tessiture A Mano Giuditta
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Rocca Paolina
- Luxury Hotels Near Minimetro
- Luxury Hotels Near Lake Trasimeno
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Piazza Iv Novembre
- Budget Hotels Near Fontana Maggiore
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Galleria Nazionale Dell' Umbria
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Corso Vannucci
- Luxury Hotels Near Cathedral Of San Lorenzo
- Budget Hotels Near Old Town
- Cheap Hotels Near Museo - Laboratorio Di Tessiture A Mano Giuditta
- City Tripplans
- Vannes Itinerary 1 Day
- Vannes Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Vannes from Vannes
- Vannes Itinerary 2 Days
- Vannes Itinerary 3 Days
- 4 Day Trip to Vannes from Vannes
- Vannes Itinerary 5 Days
- 6 Day Trip to Vannes from Vannes
- Vannes Itinerary 4 Days
- Vannes Itinerary 6 Days