Found by a Viking lord in 1000AD for its strategic position because of the river, this village is now known for its port. But the trade activity mellowed down long back due to the development of Railways. Now the port is used as a station for boat trips and private yachts. The deep harbour offers protection from bad weather and the quaint streets provide with a calming interlude when the shops are shut.
- The Maritime museum
- Two cannon guns from the drowned French warship ‘Le Juste’.
- A granite promontory overlooking the river Vilaine and the port.
- Notre-Dame Church
- Garennes garden
La Roche-bernard Travel Tips
- Avoid monsoon season because then the boat rides would be closed.
- Do not plan more for the day. There is enough activity in this village to tire you out.
How to Reach La Roche-bernard
- Bus no.: Line 8 @Vannes
- Train: Vannes- Redon- La Roche-Bernard
- Restaurant le Vieux Quartier
- Le Sarah B
- Auberge des Deux Magots
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vannes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vannes and book an accommodation of your choice.
66.02% of people who visit Vannes include La Roche-bernard in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
42.37% of people start their La Roche-bernard visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see La Roche-bernard
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting La Roche-bernard