About Monks Island, Vannes
A scenic place similar to its neighbour- the Island of Arz, the Monks Island is one of the favourite tourist destinations. If you were to look from a plane or a helicopter, you would see that it is in the shape of a cross. And people started calling it the Monks Island because in the medieval period it was developed and taken care of by the monks of the Redon Abbey. Highlights include:
- Stone structures that will take you back to the Neolithic times.
- Poetically named woods- ‘Wood of Regret’, ‘Wood of sighs’, ‘Wpood of Love’, etc.
- With a dimension of 7 x 5 kms, you are always in close proximity of the sea water.
- Variety of shops and restaurants.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vannes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vannes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Monks Island Information
- Hire bikes at the port to cover more of the island in lesser time.
- Accommodation choices are limited and well in demand. Book in advance.
How To Get To Monks Island by Public Transport
- Frequent cruises from the ports of Vannes, Auray and Baden.
Restaurants Near Monks Island
- Restaurant Les Embruns
- Lonely Galettes Sarl
- Le Cap Horn
Share your experience - Rate Monks Island, Vannes
- Other Attractions
- Knie's Kinderzoo
- Schloss Rapperswil
- Wooden Bridge From Rapperswil To Hurden
- Polish Museum
- Parish Church Of St. John
- Stadtmuseum Rapperswil- Jona
- Bier Factory Rapperswil
- Wurmsbach Abbey
- Golf Now - Indoors
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Budget Hotels Near Knie's Kinderzoo
- Budget Hotels Near Schloss Rapperswil
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Wooden Bridge From Rapperswil To Hurden
- Budget Hotels Near Polish Museum
- Budget Hotels Near Liebfrauenkapelle
- Budget Hotels Near Parish Church Of St. John
- Hotels Near Stadtmuseum Rapperswil- Jona
- Luxury Hotels Near Bier Factory Rapperswil
- 5 Star Hotels Near Wurmsbach Abbey
- Cheap Hotels Near Golf Now - Indoors
- City Tripplans
- Vannes Itinerary 1 Day
- Vannes Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Vannes from Vannes
- Vannes Itinerary 2 Days
- Vannes Itinerary 3 Days
- 4 Day Trip to Vannes from Vannes
- Vannes Itinerary 5 Days
- 6 Day Trip to Vannes from Vannes
- Vannes Itinerary 4 Days
- Vannes Itinerary 6 Days