Monks Island, Vannes
About Monks Island, Vannes
Monks Island, Vannes - Address
Address: South of Vannes, Gulf of Morbihan, France
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.2K times in trip plans
Island, Restaurant, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A scenic place similar to its neighbour- the Island of Arz, the Monks Island is one of the favourite tourist destinations. If you were to look from a plane or a helicopter, you would see that it is in the shape of a cross. And people started calling it the Monks Island because in the medieval period it was developed and taken care of by the monks of the Redon Abbey. Highlights include:
- Stone structures that will take you back to the Neolithic times.
- Poetically named woods- ‘Wood of Regret’, ‘Wood of sighs’, ‘Wpood of Love’, etc.
- With a dimension of 7 x 5 kms, you are always in close proximity of the sea water.
- Variety of shops and restaurants.
Monks Island Information
- Hire bikes at the port to cover more of the island in lesser time.
- Accommodation choices are limited and well in demand. Book in advance.
How To reach Monks Island by Public Transport
- Frequent cruises from the ports of Vannes, Auray and Baden.
Restaurants Near Monks Island
- Restaurant Les Embruns
- Lonely Galettes Sarl
- Le Cap Horn
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vannes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vannes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Monks Island, Vannes Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- La Roche-bernard
- Presqu'ile De Rhuys
- Arz Island
- Les Amis Du Sinagot
- Port De Crouesty
- Abbaye De Bon-repos
- Sainte-anne D'auray
- Prieure Saint-etienne
- Les Tours D'elven
- Ranrouet Castle 'sentinel Of The Marshes'
- Vannes Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Vannes
- What to See in 48 Hours in Vannes
- What to See in 72 Hours in Vannes
- How to Spend 5 Days in Vannes
- How to Spend 6 Days in Vannes
- How to Spend 7 Days in Vannes