Monks IslandCurrently Open
- Address: South of Vannes, Gulf of Morbihan, France
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Restaurant, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
A scenic place similar to its neighbour- the Island of Arz, the Monks Island is one of the favourite tourist destinations. If you were to look from a plane or a helicopter, you would see that it is in the shape of a cross. And people started calling it the Monks Island because in the medieval period it was developed and taken care of by the monks of the Redon Abbey. Highlights include:
- Stone structures that will take you back to the Neolithic times.
- Poetically named woods- ‘Wood of Regret’, ‘Wood of sighs’, ‘Wpood of Love’, etc.
- With a dimension of 7 x 5 kms, you are always in close proximity of the sea water.
- Variety of shops and restaurants.
Monks Island Travel Tips
- Hire bikes at the port to cover more of the island in lesser time.
- Accommodation choices are limited and well in demand. Book in advance.
How to Reach Monks Island
- Frequent cruises from the ports of Vannes, Auray and Baden.
- Restaurant Les Embruns
- Lonely Galettes Sarl
- Le Cap Horn
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vannes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vannes and book an accommodation of your choice.
79.61% of people who visit Vannes include Monks Island in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
51.22% of people start their Monks Island visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Monks Island
91.97% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Monks Island