In the heart of Vannes is its Town Centre. These old buildings that date back to the 14th Century are so well maintained still, that they make you feel like a time-traveller. Admire the slated roofs and the timbered construction as you sip a cup of coffee, sitting in one of those numerous cafes that have been opened at the ground floor of most of these medieval establishments. When you walk the cobbled streets of this paradisical town, you are not looking at the past; you are a part of it. Highlights and must sees include:
- Musicians and other performers frequent this place in summers.
- Boutiques, specialist shops and cafes form a major chunk of the market.
- “Vannes and his Wife” a granite sculpture painted funnily can be seen at the entrance of Chateau Gaillard.
Place Henri I V Travel Tips
- The guided tours are mostly in French. Read up on the history of the place to learn the context.
- The streets can be enjoyed fro their calm after the shops close in the evening.
Place Henri I V Hours
- Recommended time to visit between 03:30 pm - 06:30 pm.
- Please enquire before you visit.
How to Reach Place Henri I V
- Bus no.: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10, 11, D2, D1 @Republique
- Bus no.: 2,10, 21, 23, 24, D2 @Liberation
- Le Resto des Terroirs
- Le Clos Mathilda
- Le K19
- Le Salgado
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vannes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vannes and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Vannes include Place Henri I V in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
38.55% of people start their Place Henri I V visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Place Henri I V
90.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Place Henri I V