Ranrouet Castle 'sentinel Of The Marshes'Currently Open
- Address: Rue de Ranrouet 44410 Herbignac, France, Vannes
- Timings: 02:30 pm - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-0240889617
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Farther from the town, surrounded by centuries oldoak trees is a survivor castle from the 13th century. The castle of Ranrouet was once a fortress and a nobleman’s house. Its position is therefore strategic. Located at the edge of Briere, this castle overlooks the peninsula of Guerande. Anybody approaching from the north of Brittany could be observed from up here. But the French Revolution burnt the castle down. And what makes it stand tall now, is brilliant work by the original builders and also by the ones who restored the dismantled site. Highlights include:
- Theatre Performances
Ranrouet Castle 'sentinel Of The Marshes' Travel Tips
- The tour is not guided. There are panels of information and you can also carry leaflets.
- Wear appropriate shoes. It’s a marshy land.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ranrouet Castle 'sentinel Of The Marshes'
- Adults (over 6) : 5 €
- Childs : 3 €
- Free for children under 6
Ranrouet Castle 'sentinel Of The Marshes' Hours
- Halloween Holidays- Tuesday to Friday- 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Easter Holidays- 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
How to Reach Ranrouet Castle 'sentinel Of The Marshes'
- Train- Vannes-Redon-Savenay- Gare SNCF (4 hours)
- A direct taxi ride from Vannes will take you there in 36 minutes.
- Le Kiosque a Pizzas
- Le cafe gourmand
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vannes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vannes and book an accommodation of your choice.
32.04% of people who visit Vannes include Ranrouet Castle 'sentinel Of The Marshes' in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
29.17% of people start their Ranrouet Castle 'sentinel Of The Marshes' visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ranrouet Castle 'sentinel Of The Marshes'
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ranrouet Castle 'sentinel Of The Marshes'