Sainte-anne D'aurayCurrently Open
- Address: Basilique Sainte Anne - 9 rue de Vannes - 56400 Sainte-Anne d'Auray, France
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-0297576880
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Village, Family And Kids
This is a village that is located 3 miles from Auray. It is famous for its sanctuary and its pilgrimages in the honour of St.Anne. It is said that she appeared to a simple and pious villager in the region and asked him to build a chapel. After a lot of discussion of proofs, where the whole village testified to the frequent appearances of St.Anne, the building of the chapel was given a green signal. The original statue was destroyed in the French Revolution but was later restored. Highlights include:
- The architecture is a mix of gothic and renaissance.
- A bronze statue of St.Anne, standing with a torch in her hand, is situated at the top of the chapel.
- A 17th century monastery.
- A war memorial.
- The treasury and the gallery of religious arts.
- The museum of traditional Breton clothes.
- The historical wax museum.
- House of Yves Nicolazic, the legendary farmer who built the chapel.
For those who have a great interest in the religious arts, this place is a must-visit.
How to Reach Sainte-anne D'auray
- Quimper- Paris TGV (Express Train)
- Vannes- Sainte-Anne d’Auray Bus@Vannes
- Les Gourmandises de Sainte Anne
- Le Moderne
- Restaurant Chinois Le Singapore
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vannes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vannes and book an accommodation of your choice.
89.81% of people who visit Vannes include Sainte-anne D'auray in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
61.36% of people start their Sainte-anne D'auray visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sainte-anne D'auray
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sainte-anne D'auray