In the town of Arzon, at the end of the Rhuys peninsula is the megalithic site of The Petit Mont Cair. The stone structure that rises 36m above the sea level is surely a sight that would infuse mystery into the mind of its observer. If you trek to the top, you will see the Atlantic Ocean. And you will understand the Germans’ decision then to use this place as a bunker in the World War 2. Built about 6000 years back, it is a wonder this wonder still stands! Highlights include:
- Guided tour.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
- 2 burial chambers with engravings that date back thousands of years.
- Bunkers built by Germans, in 1942.
The Petit Mont Cair Travel Tips
- Tourist guides talk in French Language. Carry a leaflet full of information if you are not familiar with French.
- Hire a tourist guide. The historical context will enhance the experience.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Petit Mont Cair
- Adults: 7 €
- Student: 6 €
- Children 8-17 years: 3 €
- Children under 8 years free
- Family (2 adults + children): 16 €
How to Reach The Petit Mont Cair
- Bus no.: 7@Vannes
- La Marina
- L Epidor
- O brothers By L Equinoxe
- Le Cap Horn
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vannes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vannes and book an accommodation of your choice.
43.69% of people who visit Vannes include The Petit Mont Cair in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
83.33% of people start their The Petit Mont Cair visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see The Petit Mont Cair
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Petit Mont Cair