How to Reach Varadero
- By Air: The international airport closest to Varadero is The Juan Gualberto Gomez International airport which is roughly 18 miles away. The taxi fare between Varadero and the airport is about CUC$ 25.
- By Taxi: It is fairly easy to get around in a taxi in this resort town. One has to be vigilant about etting cheated by taxi drivers who do not go by the meter. You can also call for a taxi in advance through Cubataxi. Try the open air Coco taxis for a unique albeit a bit expensive experience.
- Open Air Trains and Beach Buses: Isn’t it rare to hear about an open air train? Sol Melia runs an open air tourist train that offers the tourist a one of a kind option to explore Varadero. For those who prefer a bit modesty, Varadero Beach Buses run a loop around Varadero beaches at reasonable rates.
- By Scooter: The wind in your hair and warm sunshine on your skin, riding along in a Vespa, you are the happiest you have ever been. That’s what you feel when your ride a scooter in Varadero!
- Rent-a-Car: There are a number of car rental agencies in Varadero. You can even request your hotel to book you a car.