Events and Festivals in Varanasi
- Dhrupad Mela: A five days music festival of Dhrupad is performed by renowned artistes at Tulsi Ghat. It is very popular among foreign tourists.
- Hanuman Jayanti: Jannotsav of Lord Hanuman is celebrated at Sankat Mochan Temple for five days. There are cultural & musical programmes by renowned artistes from all over India.
- Buddha Purnima: This festival celebrates the birth of Lord Buddha with traditional religious fervour. It is held at Sarnath and idols of the Buddha are paraded for the public.
- Rathyatra Mela: A Ratha-Yatra or Roth Jatra is a Chariot Festival. In this Hindu deities are transported in a chariot called Ratha or Roth.
- Shravan Mela: Shraavana is considered to be a holy month in the Hindu calendar due to the many festivals that are celebrated during this time.
- Ramleela Ramnagar: The unique Ramleela of Ramnagar is performed in the pageant style. It was started about 1830 by Maharaja Udit Narayan Singh of Banaras.
- Navratri Mela: This is a festival dedicated to the worship of the Hindu deity Durga.
- Ganga Mahotsav: A dance presentation at Ganga Mahotsav Kartik Purnima in the month of Oct.-Nov. The festival celebrates the rich cultural heritage of Varanasi. They have cultural programmes and boat races.
- Deepavali: The light festival of Gods. More than one million earthen lamps are lit on the Ghats.
- Bharat Milap: Celebrating Lord Ram’s return to Ayodhya after 14th years of exile and his reunion with his brother Bharat, this festival is held the day following Dussehra.
- Mahashivaratri: On this day every Shiv Mandir is decorated. In Varanasi a marriage procession of Lord Shiva is taken out starting from Mahamrityunjaya Temple, Daranagar to Kashi Vishwanath Temple via Chowk.
Trip plans for Varanasi
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Varanasi
Varanasi Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Varanasi
Save 7%Full-Day Private Varanasi and Sarnath Tour including Ganges Boat Cruise3 Reviews
Duration: 12 Hrs
Visit the sacred city of Varanasi with the comfort of a private tour on a full day trip. On this tour, you will see the ancie...
3-Hour Varanasi Morning Sunrise Boat Tour7 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs
Boating down the Ganges River during sunrise is one of the main attractions in Varanasi. We can observe here the Hindu way of...Book Now
Save 7%Private Full-Day Varanasi Tour with Ganges River Boat Cruise4 Reviews
Duration: 14 Hrs
Start your full-day guided tour with a sunrise boat ride on the Ganges to witness morning riverside rituals. Visit the Hindu ...
Save 6%Private Half-Day Sarnath Tour from VaranasiNew on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Hrs
See why Sarnath is one of the most important Buddhist sites in the world on this half-day tour of the place where Buddha is b...
- Events & Festivals in Babatpur
- Events & Festivals in Allahabad
- Events & Festivals in Rewa
- Events & Festivals in Bodhgaya
- Events & Festivals in Satna
- Events & Festivals in Chorhata Gaharwar
- Events & Festivals in Chakia
- Events & Festivals in Barabanki
- Events & Festivals in Lucknow
- Events & Festivals in Agra
- Events & Festivals in Leh
- Events & Festivals in Mumbai
- Events & Festivals in Delhi
- Events & Festivals in Amritsar
- Events & Festivals in Chennai