Events and Festivals in Varanasi, India
Events and Festivals in Varanasi
- Dhrupad Mela: A five days music festival of Dhrupad is performed by renowned artistes at Tulsi Ghat. It is very popular among foreign tourists.
- Hanuman Jayanti: Jannotsav of Lord Hanuman is celebrated at Sankat Mochan Temple for five days. There are cultural & musical programmes by renowned artistes from all over India.
- Buddha Purnima: This festival celebrates the birth of Lord Buddha with traditional religious fervour. It is held at Sarnath and idols of the Buddha are paraded for the public.
- Rathyatra Mela: A Ratha-Yatra or Roth Jatra is a Chariot Festival. In this Hindu deities are transported in a chariot called Ratha or Roth.
- Shravan Mela: Shraavana is considered to be a holy month in the Hindu calendar due to the many festivals that are celebrated during this time.
- Ramleela Ramnagar: The unique Ramleela of Ramnagar is performed in the pageant style. It was started about 1830 by Maharaja Udit Narayan Singh of Banaras.
- Navratri Mela: This is a festival dedicated to the worship of the Hindu deity Durga.
- Ganga Mahotsav: A dance presentation at Ganga Mahotsav Kartik Purnima in the month of Oct.-Nov. The festival celebrates the rich cultural heritage of Varanasi. They have cultural programmes and boat races.
- Deepavali: The light festival of Gods. More than one million earthen lamps are lit on the Ghats.
- Bharat Milap: Celebrating Lord Ram’s return to Ayodhya after 14th years of exile and his reunion with his brother Bharat, this festival is held the day following Dussehra.
- Mahashivaratri: On this day every Shiv Mandir is decorated. In Varanasi a marriage procession of Lord Shiva is taken out starting from Mahamrityunjaya Temple, Daranagar to Kashi Vishwanath Temple via Chowk.
Trip plans for Varanasi
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
Varanasi Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Varanasi
Varanasi Evening Aarti Tour New on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Hrs
Spend 2-3 hours at River Ganges in Varanasi, one of the most ancient in India. During 3 - 4 hrs tour enjoy the evening Aarti ...Book Now
Early Morning Boat and Walk Tour New on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs
Timing : 05:15 am to 08:30 amHighlights : Pickup & drop transfers at mentioned location - Sunrise Boat Ride - Heritage Wa...Book Now
Private Day Trip Varanasi and Sarnath with Boat Ride New on TripHobo
Duration: 1 Days
Varanasi is the oldest cities in India, often referred as the city of temples or Kashi. Varanasi is situated on the banks of ...Book Now
Varanasi Evening Walk Tour with Ganga Aarti New on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs
Embark on an incredible walk tour of Varanasi, showcasing the best of the ancient city of Varanasi in true local style. Varan...Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Babatpur
- Events & Festivals in Rasra
- Events & Festivals in Allahabad
- Events & Festivals in Rewa
- Events & Festivals in Bodhgaya
- Events & Festivals in Satna
- Events & Festivals in Barabanki
- Events & Festivals in Lucknow
- Events & Festivals in Bandhavgarh National Park
- Events & Festivals in Agra
- Events & Festivals in Leh
- Events & Festivals in Mumbai
- Events & Festivals in Delhi
- Events & Festivals in Amritsar
- Events & Festivals in Chennai
- Events & Festivals in Paris
- Events & Festivals in Prague
- Events & Festivals in Rome
- Events & Festivals in Rio De Janeiro
- Events & Festivals in London
- Events & Festivals in Miami