How to Reach Varanasi - The Easiest Way to Reach Varanasi
HOW TO GET TO VARANASI
- By Air: Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport connects Varanasi to Delhi, Gaya, and Kathmandu. Flights operate to Khajuraho, Sharjah, Lucknow, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Kolkata.
- By Train: Varanasi Junction railway is the city's largest train station. 240 trains pass through each day connecting to major stations throughout India.
- By Road: National Highway 29 connects Varanasi to Gorakhpur via Ghazipur to the northeast, National Highway 56 connects Varanasi to Lucknow via Jaunpur and Sultanpur, to the northwest, National Highway 7, the longest National Highway in India, connects Varanasi to southern India.
HOW TO GET AROUND VARANASI
- By Bus: There are lots of mini buses plying on the road of Varanasi for making local transport very easy and cheap.
- By Cycle Rickshaw: Travelling through cycle rickshaws is really very interesting. Plush, the rickshawallas are excellent and colourful travel guides.
- By Auto Rickshaw: There are lots of auto rickshaws available. It’s very compatible with the TripHobo itinerary planner.
- By Boat: If you want to cross the holy Ganges, then you have to hire River streamer or small boats.
Are you looking for a Varanasi travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Varanasi
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Varanasi. The most preferred mode of transport in Varanasi is Walking.
Average distance: 7.67 km Average time: 79.33 min
Walking 100%Walking 50 min Bus 6.67 min Bike 6.67 min Other 6 min Tram 5 min Motorbike 5 min Overall average time for 7.67 kms 79.33 min
How to Reach Varanasi from Nearby Cities
|Jaunpur to Varanasi||31.15 km||31 mins|
|Raigarh to Varanasi||65.37 km||1 hour 5 mins|
|Ghazipur to Varanasi||67.12 km||1 hour 7 mins|
|Vishakhapatnam to Varanasi||105.21 km||1 hour 45 mins|
|Allahabad to Varanasi||128.04 km||2 hours 8 mins|
|Raipur to Varanasi||160.83 km||2 hours 40 mins|
|Gaya to Varanasi||225.68 km||3 hours 45 mins|
|Lucknow to Varanasi||226.57 km||3 hours 46 mins|