Kashi Vishwanath TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221001, India
- Timings: 03:00 am - 11:00 am Details
- Phone: +91-5422392629
- Ticket Price: 251 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, View Point
Kashi Vishwanath Temple - Review
Feel close to God when you are in a temple. Feel blessed to be there and carry this closeness when you return home to your everyday life. Your presence at the temple will give you a clearer sense of purpose and peace. Visit and revel in the history of Kashi Vishwanath Temple in Varanasi and receive spiritual perspective.
Kashi Vishwanath Temple is also known as the Golden Temple dedicated to the Lord Shiva. In ancient times a beautiful city was built where the rivers Varana and Asi joined the Ganges. Thus the city was named Varanasi. The local tribe called Kasha lived there, so Varanasi was also known as Kashi. Ganges is considered a holy river by Hindus and it flows in the shape of a bow near Varanasi. The main deity in the temple is known as Vishwanatha or Vishweshwara meaning Ruler of the universe. This temple town claims to be the oldest living city in the world with 3500 years of documented history.
The temple is the central part of worship in Shiva philosophy. The temple faced a lot of challenges in history and the current structure was built by the Maratha monarch, Ahilya Bai Holkar of Indore. The gold used to cover the two domes of the temple was donated by Maharaja Ranjeet Singh, the ruler of Punjab. Since 1983 the temple has been managed by the Uttar Pradesh government.
Inside the temple is the Jyotirlinga of Shiva. A Jyotirlinga is a devotional object representing Lord Shiva. Jyoti means radiance and lingam is the sign of Lord Shiva. It is the Radiant sign of the Almighty. In the Hindu religion, a glimpse of the Jyotirlinga is a soul cleansing experience. It plays a very significant part in the spiritual history of India. It transforms life and puts you in the path of knowledge and devotion. The Kashi Vishwanath Temple Aarti and Kashi Vishwanath Darshan are very popular amongst the Hindu devotees from all over India and abroad. It attracts foreigners as well.
Kashi Vishwanath Temple Information
- Deposit your camera, mobiles and all electronic items at the counter.
- There are two security checks before you enter.
- The entry gate and exit gates are separate, ask the officials for help.
- Some of the Aartis can be booked online, please carry a print out.
- It is always crowded, so be patient.
- Go with the guide to fully understand the architecture of the place and also the historical importance of the place.
- The approach lanes are crowded, dirty, narrow and full of hawkers trying to sell you their wares.
Kashi Vishwanath Temple Ticket Prices
- Free entry to the temple.
- Donations are welcome.
- Aarti has different prices. Check official website for details.
Kashi Vishwanath Temple Hours
- Mangala Aarti: 3 am – 4 am
- General Darshan: 4 am-11 am
- Bhog Aarti: 11:15 am – 12:20 pm
- Shayana Aarti: 10:30 pm – 11 pm
- Sandhya Aarti: 7 pm – 8:15 pm
- Shrinagar Aarti: 9 pm – 10:15 pm
How To reach Kashi Vishwanath Temple by Public Transport
- If you are wondering how to reach Kashi Vishwanath Temple then know that Autorickshaws and walking are the preferred modes of transport.
Restaurants Near Kashi Vishwanath Temple
- Blue Lassi: Indian
- Lotus Lounge: Continental
- The place Ngo Outlet cafe: Cafe, Indian, Contemporary
- Shree cafe Vegetarian Restaurant: Indian, Continental
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Varanasi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Varanasi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Kashi Vishwanath Temple
90.97% of people who visit Varanasi include Kashi Vishwanath Temple in their plan
03 AM - 04 AM
68.97% of people start their Kashi Vishwanath Temple visit around 03 AM - 04 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Kashi Vishwanath Temple
58.06% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kashi Vishwanath Temple
Kashi Vishwanath Temple Trips
Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Varanasi Reviews
Its simply divine. the holiest place on earth. Have a dip in the ganga and you are reborn. Small gullys lead you to the temple will easily make you lost. But people are so eager to help the strangers , that's a great feeling like being rescued. Variety of mouth watering street foods, so many i don't remember their names. Go and feel blessed
Every thing is good , but it takes too much time to see Viswanath jee. So better to visit temple in the morning. Always try to visit in a group not alone , otherwise it will be too expensive to stay here . Always make a 1 day plan of visiting Varanasi not more than it, otherwise your time will be wasted.
काशी विश्वनाथ मंदिर बारह ज्योतिर्लिंगों में से एक है। यह मंदिर वाराणसी में स्थित है। काशी विश्वनाथ मंदिर का हिंदू धर्म में एक विशिष्ट स्थान है। ऐसा माना जाता है कि एक बार इस मंदिर के दर्शन करने और पवित्र गंगा में स्नान कर लेने से मोक्ष की प्राप्ति होती है। वर्तमान मंदिर का निर्माण महारानी अहिल्या बाई होल्कर द्वारा सन 1780 में करवाया गया था। बाद में महाराजा रंजीत सिंह द्वारा 1853 में 1000 कि.ग्रा शुद्ध सोने द्वारा मढ़वाया गया था। काशी विश्वनाथ भी भारत के अमीर मंदिरों में से एक है। यहां हर साल करोड़ों का चढ़ावा आता है।
Very much famous temple of the city Varanasi. Lord Shiva's historical temple. A must visit place for all tourists of the City.
The place is very good and neat and clean. Very spiritual place and must spend some time. Must visit place.