Are you looking for what to do in Varanasi?
THINGS TO SEE
- Varanasi Ghats: The Ghats on the banks of the river Ganges are the soul of Varanasi. The Ghats are virtually the kaleidoscope of belief, customs and traditions of Varanasi.
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple: The towers of the temple were gold plated by the Maharaja Ranjit Singh.The ‘shivalinga’ in the temple is housed in a silver altar.
- Manikarnika Ghat: Manikarnika ghat is where dead are brought from all over the country to be cremated by fire. There is a ‘sacred fire’ that has been burning since centuries.
- Ramnagar Fort: Built in red sandstone, the fort has a museum displaying a Royal collection and ornate palanquins.
- Sarnath: Sarnath is one of the most important Buddhist pilgrimage and heritage site. Buddhist temples built here are by missions from Japan, China, Tibet, Cambodia and others.
- Nepali Temple: This unique temple is situated on the Lalita Ghat on the bank of the river Ganges. The temple was commissioned by the King of Nepal and is built in the Nepali style.
Below we have a list of things to do in Varanasi and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Varanasi getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Varanasi with confidence.