Yoga Education Training Society, VaranasiCurrently Open [Closes at 10:00 pm]
- Address: D, 32/162, Devnathpura, Bengalitola, Varanasi 221001 , India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-9839105112
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Educational Site, Yoga Centre
About Yoga Education Training Society, Varanasi
You can’t touch your toes? You are not flexible? You are not strong or patient? It does not matter. Everyone starts somewhere. Give yoga a try and control your breathing, move your body and find peace in this crazy life. Join the Yoga Education Training Society and find enlightenment.
The word yoga comes from the Sanskrit root "yuj", which means to yoke. Put the spirit and physical body together with simple movements. Yoga has evolved over thousands of years with a wide range of styles and disciplines. It can be practised by athletes, children, and seniors. It can be modified to suit your level of strength and flexibility. Yoga energises your body and calms your mind. Age does not matter or your physical capabilities. You should be doing Yoga whatever your current weight or fitness goals.
The Yoga Education Training Society is a registered and certified yoga society in holy and old city Varanasi. Their yoga instructor is Somit, who has been practising and teaching yoga for 12 years. He studied under his Guru and with hard discipline and determination. The centre is a non-profit organisation which offers free education for helpless kids. The idea is to enhance their lives and guide them to a better life. These children are slum dwellers or live on the street. They come from abusive parents or no parents at all and some have drug addictions. The main idea is to educate these children and make them feel safe and self-confident. They are given a lot of love so that they can stand on their own feet.
The Yoga Education Training Society offers free Yoga lessons to these kids. They also provide classes for adults separately. All levels of yoga training are taught here. The various forms are Hatha, Asthana, Vinyasa, Vikram, Kundalini, Raja, Pranayama, and Tantra. They also have a Yoga Teacher training programme, Ayurveda, Massage, Reiki, and language classes for Bengali, Hindi and other Indian languages. Students have to follow strict rules and regulation under guidance of the Yoga society. Enrol and do either a 4 hours class or 6 hours a day till you complete 120 hours. After completion they will provide a yoga certificate or license. The fees are very reasonable and range from a week to a month. There are accommodation facilities for travellers and volunteers who wish to work there.
Yoga Education Training Society Information
- They have a package deal for INR 3000 per person.
- You can come and take part in many classes and you know the money goes to the small kids.
- Somit runs this society with extensive experience, one that you not forget.
- It’s an extremely inspiring when you get to spend time with the children.
- Somit education training society truly embodies the meaning of karmic yoga.
- So if you are in Varanasi save some time to go there. It is a place that deserves a visit.
Restaurants Near Yoga Education Training Society
- Om Cafe: Italian, Continental
- Flavours Cafe: Continental
- Filo Cafe: Italian, Continental
- I-ba: Asian, Italian, Japanese
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Varanasi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Varanasi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Yoga Education Training Society, Varanasi Reviews
처음 하는 요가였는데 수준에 맞게 친절하게 가르쳐주세요. 1층에는 고아원운영하고 있는것 같았는데 아이들이 엄청 밝게 인사해줘서 따듯한 마음으로 요가배우고 올수있었네요ㅎㅎ