How to Reach Varkala - The Easiest Way to Reach Varkala
Varkala is well connected by all major cities of Kerala. You can easily reach this, quaint coastal town by any modes of transport.
- By Air: Thiruvananthapuram is the closest airport to Varkala. It lies at a distance of 50 kilometres and a 1 hour 15 minutes’ drive.
- By Road: Linked by all state and national highways, driving down to Varkala is very easy. Alternatively, state transport buses which are high efficient and most reliable, in fact even air-conditioned can be boarded from Trivandrum’s bus station. With a frequency of every one hour, a ticket for this bus ride may cost you something a round 90 INR.
- By Rail: You can get a train from Cochin or Trivandrum to Varkala. With options suiting all kinds of budgets, traveling by train is a faster way to reach than any other modes of transport. The Varskala Railway station lies at 5km from the Papanasam Beach.
A town encompassing a small railway station, is obviously modestly sized at about 3 kilometres inland.
- By Auto Rickshaw: You can easily explore the entire town, in an auto rickshaw, costing a 30 to 40 INR tariff.
- On foot: Perhaps, the best way to get around Varkala, this town can be leisurely explored on foot. The recently built promenade along the cliff edges, only makes walking a pleasing experience!
Are you looking for a Varkala travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Varkala from Nearby Cities
|Vettoor to Varkala||1.08 km||1 mins|
|Edava to Varkala||3.01 km||3 mins|
|Thiruvananthapuram to Varkala||25.08 km||25 mins|
|Alleppey to Varkala||46.14 km||46 mins|
|Ernakulam to Varkala||56.42 km||56 mins|
|Kochi to Varkala||58.72 km||58 mins|
|Coimbatore to Varkala||63.51 km||1 hour 3 mins|
|Coimbatore north to Varkala||64.09 km||1 hour 4 mins|