Vishnu TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: Varkala, Kerala 695141, India
- Timings: 04:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4702607575
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
If you’re religious enough and love to explore religions and mythologies, then Janardhana Swami Temple will surely suit your taste. Built way back in 12th century, this structure still stands tall and is a prime tourist attraction in Varkala. Dedicated to Lord Vishnu, the temple has a lot of importance attached to it as many after death rituals are performed here. One important point: Once you’re here, make sure you’ve followed the dress code properly. Men have to be bare chested with full length pants. Women, on the other hand, can wear saree, salwar kameez or even long length skirts. If it is not followed, the priests will ask you to leave the temple premises.
Vishnu Temple Travel Tips
- Remove footwear before entering the temple.
- Follow Dress Code. Both men and women have to follow different dress codes.
- Don’t litter around and keep the surroundings clean.
How to Reach Vishnu Temple
- Buses from the Temple Junction Bus Stop, hired taxis and cars.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Varkala before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Varkala and book an accommodation of your choice.
36.59% of people who visit Varkala include Vishnu Temple in their plan
05 AM - 06 AM
80.39% of people start their Vishnu Temple visit around 05 AM - 06 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Vishnu Temple
91.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Vishnu Temple