Aladzha Monastery, VarnaCurrently Open [Closes at 10:00 pm]
- Address: In Naturpark, Varna, Bulgaria
- Timings: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +359-52355460
- Ticket Price: 5 BGN
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cave, Family And Kids, Monastery , Archaeological Site
About Aladzha Monastery, Varna
This is an orthodox Christian Cave Monastery. It is an archaeological site that is ocated 17 kilometres to the north of Varna. The caves have been hewn into a 25 metre high cliff. The place is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. Nature lovers will love this place because outside the monastery, the scenery is beautiful. Archaeology enthusiasts will find a visit to this place to be very educational and amusing. Highlights include:
- Legends of Aladzha Monastery- An audio visual show.
- The Monastery Cells
- The refectory
- The kitchen
- The crypt
- The farm premises
- The Catacombs (located about 600 – 700 m to the west of the monastery.)
Aladzha Monastery Information
- Guide lectures in Bulgarian and Russian only. Read up on the history of place before-hand.
Aladzha Monastery Ticket Prices
- Adults: LEV 5
- Children: LEV 2
- For Groups with less than 20 people: LEV 15
- For Groups with more than 20 people: LEV 10
- Guide lectures- LEV 20
How To reach Aladzha Monastery by Public Transport
- Hire a taxi. A junction leads to the monastery on the road from Varna to Zlatni Pyasatsi Resort. Signposts will help you on the way.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Varna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Varna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Aladzha Monastery
95% of people who visit Varna include Aladzha Monastery in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
34.34% of people start their Aladzha Monastery visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Aladzha Monastery
93.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Aladzha Monastery
Aladzha Monastery, Varna Reviews
Very interesting place to visit, although could become quite crowded during tourist season. The forest around is beautiful and worth a walk if you want to take a breather from the busy city. Definitely go to the catacombs, they are located about 700m from the monastery and a lovely forest path leads to them.
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. If yiu are staying in golden sands, i suggest yoi take the trail road using google map. You will paas through a beautiful forest. You need to consider half a day to visit here.
Too interesting, I got to know the history of this monastery, full of culture and history I liked it.
Amazing historical place with beautiful energy.
Amazing archeological site, accessible by car or through the forest trail (recommended!). Nice small museum on site.
All QuestionsAladzha monastery
- Attractions near Aladzha Monastery
- History Of Varna Museum
- Asparuhov Most Bridge
- Park-museum Of Military Friendship 1444 Vladislav Varnenchik
- Museum Of Ethnography