Aladzha MonasteryCurrently Closed
- Address: In Naturpark, Varna, Bulgaria
- Timings: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +359-52355460
- Ticket Price: 5 BGN
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cave, Family And Kids, Monastery , Archaeological Site
This is an orthodox Christian Cave Monastery. It is an archaeological site that is ocated 17 kilometres to the north of Varna. The caves have been hewn into a 25 metre high cliff. The place is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. Nature lovers will love this place because outside the monastery, the scenery is beautiful. Archaeology enthusiasts will find a visit to this place to be very educational and amusing. Highlights include:
- Legends of Aladzha Monastery- An audio visual show.
- The Monastery Cells
- The refectory
- The kitchen
- The crypt
- The farm premises
- The Catacombs (located about 600 – 700 m to the west of the monastery.)
- Guide lectures in Bulgarian and Russian only. Read up on the history of place before-hand.
- Adults: LEV 5
- Children: LEV 2
- For Groups with less than 20 people: LEV 15
- For Groups with more than 20 people: LEV 10
- Guide lectures- LEV 20
- Hire a taxi. A junction leads to the monastery on the road from Varna to Zlatni Pyasatsi Resort. Signposts will help you on the way.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Varna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Varna and book an accommodation of your choice.
93.97% of people who visit Varna include Aladzha Monastery in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
38.04% of people start their Aladzha Monastery visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Aladzha Monastery
93.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Aladzha Monastery
Nice place to visit if you like antique or at least old ruins and alike. Make sure you have comfortable closed footwear, otherwise you'll suffer prolonged walks on hard uneven surfaces, mostly stones and some dirt if you'll wish to visit the catacombs too. Don't forget the video camera.
The monastery and museum are definitely worth a visit. The museum is informative and has a good amount of English-language information as well as a variety of mosaics and icons. The monastery itself is a must see for anyone interested in monastic life, early Christianity, archaeology, and/or architecture. The views were also incredible.
Of course impressive. Normal admission price. An interesting place to come to your senses. Worth a brisk walk through the botanical forest
Awesome place! So peaceful and beautiful. It's a definite must-see place.
Very interesting place. If you are interested in history and religion a must. Great views.