Aladzha Monastery, Varna
About Aladzha Monastery, Varna
Aladzha Monastery, Varna - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: In Naturpark, Varna, Bulgaria
Ticket Price: 5 BGN
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
Added 4K times in trip plans
Cave, Family And Kids, Monastery , Archaeological Site
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This is an orthodox Christian Cave Monastery. It is an archaeological site that is ocated 17 kilometres to the north of Varna. The caves have been hewn into a 25 metre high cliff. The place is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. Nature lovers will love this place because outside the monastery, the scenery is beautiful. Archaeology enthusiasts will find a visit to this place to be very educational and amusing. Highlights include:
- Legends of Aladzha Monastery- An audio visual show.
- The Monastery Cells
- The refectory
- The kitchen
- The crypt
- The farm premises
- The Catacombs (located about 600 – 700 m to the west of the monastery.)
Aladzha Monastery Information
- Guide lectures in Bulgarian and Russian only. Read up on the history of place before-hand.
Aladzha Monastery Ticket Prices
- Adults: LEV 5
- Children: LEV 2
- For Groups with less than 20 people: LEV 15
- For Groups with more than 20 people: LEV 10
- Guide lectures- LEV 20
How To reach Aladzha Monastery by Public Transport
- Hire a taxi. A junction leads to the monastery on the road from Varna to Zlatni Pyasatsi Resort. Signposts will help you on the way.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Varna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Varna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Aladzha Monastery, Varna Reviews - Write a Review
Very interesting place to visit, although could become quite crowded during tourist season. The forest around is beautiful and worth a walk if you want to take a breather from the busy city. Definitely go to the catacombs, they are located about 700m from the monastery and a lovely forest path leads to them.
Amazing archeological site, accessible by car or through the forest trail (recommended!). Nice small museum on site.
Well, life of medieval monks must have been tough. Its not so big and you can see everything in 30-45 minutes, but it worth visit. Parking space is quite small and sometimes it may be difficult to park your car here.
It was interesting but much smaller than i've expected.
Interesting and picturesque historical religious place. It is also well restored and easy to access from the main coastline road
- Nearby Attractions
- Opera Varna
- Muzey Na Mozaykite
- Varna Stadium
- "varna Free University"
- Port Varna
- Drama Theatre Stoyan Bachvarov
- Dormition Of The Theotokos Cathedral
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Evangelical Pentecostal Church
- Varna Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Varna
- What to See in 48 Hours in Varna
- What to See in 72 Hours in Varna
- How to Spend 5 Days in Varna
- How to Spend 6 Days in Varna
- How to Spend 7 Days in Varna