How to Reach Varna, Bulgaria
The Easiest Way to Reach Varna
- By Air: The Varna Airport is located 8 km east of the city’s centre. Different airlines ply to different cities and some flights are seasonal. Be sure to check online properly before booking. A free shuttle service exists between the airport and the centre. Buses and taxis are also easily available.
- By Train: The train station is stone’s throw away from the city centre. Trains run daily from Sofia, Rousse and Plovdiv. An international train that connects Varna with cities like Kiev, Bucharest, Moscow, Prague and Warsaw also plies but the stops vary according to season (the train stops at more stations during the summer).
- By Car: You can use the A2 from Sofia, E70 from Bucharest and Rouse, and the E87 from Romania and Istanbul to reach Varna by car.
- By Bus: You can avail a bus to Varna from cities like Sofia, Plovidiv, Istanbul, Burgas and Veliko Tarnavo. Buses also ply to Greece, Romania and parts of western and central Europe.
- By Boat: It is possible to take a cruise to Varna; you can choose Navisped and reach the city from places like Turkey, Ukraine and Georgia. The passenger cruise terminal is located close to the city centre.
- On Foot: You can get around the coastal area of Varna on foot.
- By Bicycle: It is possible to explore Varna by bicycle. You can peddle to the Varna Sea Garden and some of the beaches of this beautiful city.
- By Bus: Public transportation in Varna is convenient and reliable. More than 40 bus lines exist in the city that connect to almost all its neighbourhoods.
- By Taxi: Reliable taxi companies like Alpha taxi, Evro, Triumph, OK Trans and Varna exist in the city and can be availed.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Varna and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Varna
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Varna. The most preferred mode of transport in Varna is Walking.
Average distance: 6.15 km Average time: 34.92 min
Walking 50%Walking 29.29 min Driving 3.14 min Bus 2.86 min Other 1.43 min Waiting 1.43 min Overall average time for 3.53 kms 38.14 min
Bus/Trolleybus 7.14%Bus 38 min Waiting 10 min Walking 6 min Overall average time for 6.1 kms 54 min
Car 28.57%Driving 24.25 min Walking 0.25 min Overall average time for 10.75 kms 24.5 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Varna
- How to reach Balchik
- How to reach Sunny Beach
- How to reach Nessebar
- How to reach Bryasotvets
- How to reach Rudnik
- How to reach Burgas
- How to reach Sozopol
- How to reach Plovdiv
- How to reach Shumen
- How to Reach Top Cities in Bulgaria
- How to reach Sofia
- How to reach Koprivshtitsa
- How to reach Hisarya
- How to reach Svishtov
- How to reach Troyan
- How to reach Klisura
- How to reach Nikolovo
- How to reach Ruse
- How to reach Dulovo
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Southampton
- How to reach Mainz
- How to reach Liverpool