Are you looking for what to do in Varna?
THINGS TO DO AND SEE
- Sea Garden: This tourist attraction is the most famous in Varna, and for a reason. It’s a beautiful landscaped garden that runs parallel to the coast. An aquarium, many restaurants and rides and play areas exist in the space.
- Varna Archaeological Museum: This museum has all the information you’ll need on Varna’s history and legacy. Definitely schedule this site into your itineraries.
- Cathedral of the Assumption of the Virgin: Built in the 19th century, this cathedral is an architectural gem. There are some impressive mural on the inside so be sure to take your camera along.
- Aladzha Monastery: This is an Orthodox Christian cave monastery that was active between the 12th and 18th centuries. You’d want to hire a tourist guide for true insight into the monastic community that resided here.
- Stone Forest: Natural stone formations that go as high as 7 metres that are a result of coral activity. One of the most awe-inspiring places to visit.
- Cultural and Tourist Information Center: The tourist centre will provide you with all the information you will need during your travels in Varna. They can also provide you with a list of travel guides in the city so that you don’t miss out on the important attractions.
- Varna Green Tour: A free bike tour of Varna taking you sightseeing across all the important attractions of the city like the Sea Garden, the Cathedral of the Assumption of the Virgin and many others. Note this tour down in your vacation planner; you’re going to love it.
Below we have a list of things to do in Varna and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Varna getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Varna with confidence.