Sistine Chapel13652 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Viale Vaticano, 00120 Citta del Vaticano, Vatican City, 00120
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-0669884676
- Ticket Price: 12 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral , Landmarks
Sistine Chapel is the most popular place to visit in the Vatican City. Dating back to the 15th century, it is the official residence of The Pope and also serves as the location for the Cardinals to elect The Pope. Like many other Italian churches from the Medieval and Rennaissance eras, the Sistine Chapel’s exterior is quite simple and does not showcase any architectural decoratives. But, step inside the chapel and you will be left in awe. The walls of the chapel are decorated with numerous frescos from many famous artists such as Botticelli, Perugino, Roselli, and Ghirlandaio. However, the chapel is primarily visited to view Michelangelo’s masterpieces on the ceiling and behind the altar. While you will see The Last Judgement behind the altar, famous Testament stories can be viewed on the ceiling.
Entrance Ticket Details For Sistine Chapel
- Regular ticket € 1
- Reduced ticket € 8
Sistine Chapel Hours
- Closed on Sundays except the last Sunday of the month there is free entrance from 9:00 am - 12.30 pm; subject to changes on special days i.e. The Museums close at 2:00 pm except it coincides with Easter Sunday, the 29th of June (St. Peter and Paul), 25th and 26th of December (Christmas and St. Stephen) Sundays.
- Last exit is around 6:00 pm.
How to Reach Sistine Chapel
- Metro Line A, Stations: Ottaviano - S.Pietro-Musei Vaticani
- Cipro (from both stations 10 minutes walk
- L’Arcangelo – local and traditional cuisine
- Dolce Maniera – deli, bakery and sandwiches
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vatican City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vatican City and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Vatican City include Sistine Chapel in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
53.73% of people start their Sistine Chapel visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Sistine Chapel
50% of people prefer walking in order to reach Sistine Chapel