Vatican MuseumsCurrently Closed
- Address: Viale Vaticano, 00165 Roma, Italy, Vatican City
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0669883332
- Ticket Price: 16 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museum, Family And Kids, Architecture , Exhibition
About Vatican Museums, Vatican City
Though it is the 5th most visited art museum in the world (with about 5-6 million visitors annually), its 55 galleries of irreplaceable masterpieces are only part of the fame. The highlights are:
The Bleeping Sistine Chapel! Michelangelo’s most famous painting, The Last Judgement, adorns the ceiling of the chapel. Also spellbinding are the frescoes by the painter. The chapel is the site of the Papal Conclave, by which new popes are selected.
The Spiral Staircase! A beautiful stairwell designed by Guiseppe Momo in 1932. It exits the Vatican Museum. Paintings! Masters such as Giotto, Raphael, Da Vinci are only a few of the major names here.
Sculpture! Greek, Roman, Renaissance and antique! The sculpture rooms are also famous for their mosaics, busts, stone tablets, and statues of animals! Archaeology! Pieces from ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome.
Like the name suggests this is actually several museums in one location. The layout of the Vatican Museums makes it very conducive to a linear tour – that is, you enter from one door, exit from another, and manage to cover everything in between.
You may also be interested in 10 Days in Italy Itinerary
Vatican museums are too intricate to be explored easily. Owing to this fact, Vatican Museums tickets are always in demand. While these tickets for Vatican Museum are easily available at the attraction site, you can easily choose to skip line and have easy access through our ultimate tours. Vatican Museum ticket prices open your doors to understand the past of the city well. Why Wait then? Hurry and book tickets for Vatican Museums with exciting tours and matchless deals. Skip the lines!!
Vatican Museums Information
- Cover your shoulders.
- No hats for men.
- Wear trousers, no shorts.
- Skirts longer than knee length.
- Booking a visit (tour and non-tour) will let you skip freakishly long queues.
- Bring your own museum map (or buy one at shop for EUR 10+).
- No photography or video or talking in the Sistine Chapel.
Vatican Museums Ticket Prices
- EUR 6 for 6-18 years of age; students 18-26; priests; employees and relatives associated to the Vatican and the Holy See.
- Free: On the last Sunday of each month; World Tourism Day (September 27); Children under 6 years of age; Disabled visitors (these tickets are got at the Special Permits desk, not online).
- Audio guides come for EUR 7.
- Avail the 2 hour English tours (EUR 35 including admission costs).
Vatican Museums Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed: Sundays (except last Sunday of each month).
- Ticket office open from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
How To reach Vatican Museums by Public Transport
- Metro Line A Stop Cipro/Ottaviano
- Buses 49, 490, 491, 23, 492, N11, N10
- Tram No. 19
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vatican City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vatican City and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Vatican Museums
95% of people who visit Vatican City include Vatican Museums in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
50.92% of people start their Vatican Museums visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Vatican Museums
68.13% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Vatican Museums
Vatican Museums Culture & Theme Based Tours
Vatican Museums Sightseeing Tours
Vatican Museums Tickets & Passes
Vatican Museums Luxury & Special Occasions Tours
Vatican Museums Map
Vatican Museums Trips
2 Views5 Days 4 Nights5 Day Trip to Lucerne, Venice, Rome, Paris from LoBy: Anu MurugaiyanCity: Paris, Lucerne, Venice, Rome
1 View13 Days 12 Nights13 Day Trip to Philippines, Singapore, Vatican, SwBy: Guest UserCity: Manila, Singapore, Vatican City, Zermatt, Lourdes, Paris
Vatican Museums, Vatican City Reviews
All QuestionsVatican museums
- Mt Gethsemane Baptist Church
- Curran Boat Sales And Brokerage
- New Hope Christian Fellowship
- National Historic Seaport Of Baltimore
- Stego Limited
- Kretzschmar Robert Pastor
- Next Generation Fellowship
- Pittsford Green Historic District
- Ptl Christian Fellowship Center
- Faith Temple Church Of God In Christ
- West Park
- Smith Field
- Celebration Of Life Christian Ministries
- Joshua Pentecostal Church & Ministries
- Robert Mc Clintock Studio