Events and Festivals in Vellore
- Pongal: Pongal is the South Indian harvest festival celebrated with a lot of enthusiasm in the city and it a main annual event with lot of visitors.
- Tourist Fair: A huge tourist place is arranged in January where tourists get introduced to local culture and food. Vellore itineraries are incomplete without this extravaganza.
- Shivaratri: The festival that worships Lord Shiva happens during this time. Shaiveites fast on this and offer their prayers to the Lord.
- Rama Navmi: The Birthday of Lord Rama is one of the important events celebrated in Vellore.
- Carnatic Music Carnival: A huge music festival is experienced by the region around this time at Thiruvariyar.
August and September:
- Saral Vizha: Initially a therapeutic way of bathing, it has become an important annual event in the state.
- Navatri: The North Indian Dandiyaraas blends with the Tamilian rituals and the nights light up during this time.
- Velakanni: People from Vellore travel to the Velakanni festival to offer prayers to Virgin Mary at this shrine which is famous in all of India.
- Diwali: Diwali is the main festival of India that celebrated Lord Rama’s victory over AsuraRavan. Karthigaideepan is the traditional celebration in Tamil Nadu – something that no Vellore vacation planner should ignore.
- Christmas: The Christian community in Tamil Nadu infects the whole state with their joy and enthusiasm.
- Kanthuri Festival: This regional spiritual festival attracts people irrespective of their faiths and is one of the main events in the region.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Vellore