Events and Festivals in Vellore
- Pongal: Pongal is the South Indian harvest festival celebrated with a lot of enthusiasm in the city and it a main annual event with lot of visitors.
- Tourist Fair: A huge tourist place is arranged in January where tourists get introduced to local culture and food. Vellore itineraries are incomplete without this extravaganza.
- Shivaratri: The festival that worships Lord Shiva happens during this time. Shaiveites fast on this and offer their prayers to the Lord.
- Rama Navmi: The Birthday of Lord Rama is one of the important events celebrated in Vellore.
- Carnatic Music Carnival: A huge music festival is experienced by the region around this time at Thiruvariyar.
August and September:
- Saral Vizha: Initially a therapeutic way of bathing, it has become an important annual event in the state.
- Navatri: The North Indian Dandiyaraas blends with the Tamilian rituals and the nights light up during this time.
- Velakanni: People from Vellore travel to the Velakanni festival to offer prayers to Virgin Mary at this shrine which is famous in all of India.
- Diwali: Diwali is the main festival of India that celebrated Lord Rama’s victory over AsuraRavan. Karthigaideepan is the traditional celebration in Tamil Nadu – something that no Vellore vacation planner should ignore.
- Christmas: The Christian community in Tamil Nadu infects the whole state with their joy and enthusiasm.
- Kanthuri Festival: This regional spiritual festival attracts people irrespective of their faiths and is one of the main events in the region.