How to Reach Vellore - The Easiest Way to Reach Vellore
- By Air: The nearest airports to Vellore are based at Bengaluru (210 km) and Chennai (140 km). Private taxi, trains and buses can be taken to the ciy from these places.
- By Train: Vellore’s main station is 5 kms away at Katpadi. More than half dozen buses run to Bengaluru and Chennai every day. Other trains from tirupati and Coimbatore bring visitors to the town.
- By Taxi: Private Taxis and shared Taxis run from Tirupati, Bengaluru and Chennai to Vellore.
- By Bus: The Vellore bus station runs buses to major cities Tamil Nadu, Karnataka Kerala, and Andhra Pradesh.
- By Bus: City buses run on the Katpadi and Bagayam bus routes and take you to major parts of the city.
- By Car: You can rent a car and drive around the city. Foreign nationals are advised to avoid this option – Vellore sightseeing is much better without having to handle Indian traffic-nonsenibilities.
- By Taxi: Taxis are not very common in Vellore but are available in some parts of the city. They are not metered so be ready to bargain a lot.
- By Rickshaw: Share Rickshaws and private Rickshaws are available in the city. Bargain a lot with the Rickshaw drivers are they are likely to ask a lot more amount than the usual. Still, they’re the quickest way to reach tourist places in Vellore.
- By Bicycle: It is easy to rent a bicycle in Vellore and is used by a big percent of the population.
Are you looking for a Vellore travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Vellore from Nearby Cities
|Tirupati to Vellore||35.1 km||35 mins|
|Arakkonam to Vellore||58.25 km||58 mins|
How to Reach Cities Near Vellore
- How to reach Sriharipuram
- How to reach Tirupati
- How to reach Chennai
- How to reach Puducherry
- How to reach Marathahalli
- How to reach Nagalur
- How to reach Yercaud
- How to reach Hebbal
- How to reach Bengaluru
- How to reach Agra
- How to reach Leh
- How to reach Mumbai
- How to reach Delhi
- How to reach Amritsar
- How to reach Jaipur