How to Reach Vellore - The Easiest Way to Reach Vellore
- By Air: The nearest airports to Vellore are based at Bengaluru (210 km) and Chennai (140 km). Private taxi, trains and buses can be taken to the ciy from these places.
- By Train: Vellore’s main station is 5 kms away at Katpadi. More than half dozen buses run to Bengaluru and Chennai every day. Other trains from tirupati and Coimbatore bring visitors to the town.
- By Taxi: Private Taxis and shared Taxis run from Tirupati, Bengaluru and Chennai to Vellore.
- By Bus: The Vellore bus station runs buses to major cities Tamil Nadu, Karnataka Kerala, and Andhra Pradesh.
- By Bus: City buses run on the Katpadi and Bagayam bus routes and take you to major parts of the city.
- By Car: You can rent a car and drive around the city. Foreign nationals are advised to avoid this option – Vellore sightseeing is much better without having to handle Indian traffic-nonsenibilities.
- By Taxi: Taxis are not very common in Vellore but are available in some parts of the city. They are not metered so be ready to bargain a lot.
- By Rickshaw: Share Rickshaws and private Rickshaws are available in the city. Bargain a lot with the Rickshaw drivers are they are likely to ask a lot more amount than the usual. Still, they’re the quickest way to reach tourist places in Vellore.
- By Bicycle: It is easy to rent a bicycle in Vellore and is used by a big percent of the population.
Are you looking for a Vellore travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Vellore from Nearby Cities
|Tirumala to Vellore||35.1 km||35 mins|
|Arakkonam to Vellore||58.25 km||58 mins|
|Chennai to Vellore||127 km||2 hours 7 mins|
|Bangalore to Vellore||171.97 km||2 hours 51 mins|
|Mormugao to Vellore||595.99 km||9 hours 55 mins|
|Pune to Vellore||603.42 km||10 hours 3 mins|
|Kathmandu to Vellore||753.69 km||12 hours 33 mins|
|Kolkata to Vellore||1028.94 km||17 hours 8 mins|
|Dhaka to Vellore||1252.26 km||20 hours 52 mins|
How to Reach Cities Near Vellore