Jalagandeswarar Temple333 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Sri Jalakandeswarar Temple, Vellore Fort, Vellore-632001, India
- Timings: 06:30 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-9894745768
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Lake
Encircled by beautiful water fencing it, the temple was built at the centre of a water tank. While performing pujas, water is in fact drawn from the tank itself and offered to the Gods. Intricate stone sculptures can be found everywhere of deities worshipped by the locals. There are three inner sanctums.
Legend has it that there was once an ant-hill where the current sanctum exists. During the monsoon, the rain water that would gather at the lower levels of the ant hill made a resevoir there. A Shivalingam rested there as well. However, Lord Shiva appeared in the dreams of a local chieftain and asked him to remove the shivalingam and install the Lord instead.
Jalagandeswarar Temple Travel Tips
- Other Contacts number is +91-9894682111, +91-416-2223412, +91-416-2221229.
- Maintain the decorum of the temple.
- Do not wear jewellery or carry expensive articles.
- No pets are allowed.
- No entry fee.
- Recommended time to visit: October – March.
How to Reach Jalagandeswarar Temple
- Buses and trains are available.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vellore before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vellore and book an accommodation of your choice.
77.08% of people who visit Vellore include Jalagandeswarar Temple in their plan
79.07% of people start their Jalagandeswarar Temple visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Jalagandeswarar Temple
92.37% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jalagandeswarar Temple