Swamimalai HillsCurrently Open [Closes at 06:30 pm]
- Address: Yelagiri, Tamil Nadu, Vellore, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Hiking Trail, Hill, Nature
Are you looking to escape the city grime for fresh air? A visit to the Swamimalai Hills could just be what the doctor ordered. Enjoy the sight of rolling hills and picturesque landscapes.
Swamimalai Hills is the highest point in Yelagiri and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding areas. The best way to discover the terrain is by undertaking a trek (be warned – it isn’t for the faint-hearted) where you will be expected to cover around 3 kms in about 3 hours.
The journey to the top will prove to be the highlight of the entire adventure as one can expect to pass through forested areas and small streams – a delight for the senses.
The villages that surround the hill are quaint and surrounded by orchards, rose gardens and green valleys that lend a distinct charm to the area.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Enlist the services of a guide.
- Do not embark on the trek if you suffer from ailments.
- An early morning start is recommended.
- Recommended time to visit is November – February.
- Buses and trains are available.
- Meenum Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vellore before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vellore and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Vellore include Swamimalai Hills in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
48.84% of people start their Swamimalai Hills visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Swamimalai Hills
91.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Swamimalai Hills