Yelagiri HillsCurrently Open
- Address: Yelagiri, Tamil Nadu 635853, Vellore, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Tags: View Point, Hiking Trail, Town, Nature
If you are looking for an easy and relaxed weekend, Yelagiri Hills is just the destination for you. Among the popular hill stations in India, Yelagiri Hills is surrounded by lush greenery and picturesque landscapes.
For years, the tribal folk have lived in villages (14 in total) that surround the area. Their culture enriches the location immensely. However, getting there can be quite a task considering the 14 hairpin bends that one will need to navigate to get to the top.
One of the best ways to explore the region is by undertaking a trekking expedition. Along the way, you might meet some furry friends (monkeys). If trekking isn’t your idea of fun, going boating on the Punganur Lake is a good option.
Yelagiri Hills Travel Tips
- Entry is free of cost.
- Exercise extreme caution when driving uphill or downhill.
- Cell phones do not work uphill.
- Rely on STD booths in the area.
- No petrol stations around.
- Carry a first-aid kit and medicines.
- Recommended time to visit: March – April.
- Good for a one day trip.
How to Reach Yelagiri Hills
- Car rental services, buses and trains ply to Yelagiri from all major cities.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vellore before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vellore and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Vellore include Yelagiri Hills in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
51.85% of people start their Yelagiri Hills visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Yelagiri Hills
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Yelagiri Hills