Ca' RezzonicoCurrently Closed
- Address: Dorsoduro, 3136, 30123 Venezia, Italy, Venice
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-412410100
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Ca' Rezzonico - Review
As often happens when attempting to construct palaces in Europe, the builders died (1649) before completing the project. It’s subsequent owner left the building only his name. After being used as a rental for the rich and noble through the 19th and 20th century, the city of Venice finally acquired the building to house art. Throughout it’s history though, its tenants did their best to outfit the place as lavishly as possible. I’d describe it to you, but it would take me an entire book.
- 18th century venetian art
- The fresco 'The Allegory of Merit'
- The Throne Room, containing relics of Barbarigo’s life
- A chinese style salon
- A ridiculously ornate picture frame
- Antique furniture
- 18th century venetian glass
And despite all this fine treasure, the building itself is undisputably more valuable than it’s contents. It’s unique mish-mash of elements, strangely, work better than if anybody had planned the museum.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Venice itinerary 3 days.
Ca' Rezzonico Information
- Wheelchair friendly.
- Coatroom, cafe, locker, bookshop and audioguides available.
Ca' Rezzonico Ticket Prices
- Children aged from 6 to 14
- Students aged from 15 to 25 with coordinators (max. 2) for groups of children or students (min. 10)
- Citizens over 65
Entry is free for:
- Venetian citizens and residents
- Children aged from 0 to 5
- Disabled people with helper
- Authorized guides and interpreters
Ca' Rezzonico Hours
- November 1st to March 31st at 10 am– 4 pm.
- April 1st to October 31st at 10 am– 5 pm.
How To reach Ca' Rezzonico by Public Transport
- From Piazzale Roma: Line 1 Ca’ Rezzonico stop
- From Santa Lucia Railway Station: Line 1 Ca’ Rezzonico stop
- From Lido di Venezia: Line 1 Ca’ Rezzonico stop
Restaurants Near Ca' Rezzonico
- Gran Caffe Quadri– Delicious Wine
- Lavena – Local Cuisine
- Le Bistrot de Venise – Chicken Pasta
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Venice before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Venice and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ca' Rezzonico
39.84% of people who visit Venice include Ca' Rezzonico in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
45.97% of people start their Ca' Rezzonico visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ca' Rezzonico
93.03% of people prefer walking in order to reach Ca' Rezzonico
Ca' Rezzonico Trips
1 View9 Days 8 Nights9 Day Trip to Rome, Florence, Venice from FreeholdBy: Guest UserCity: Rome, Florence, Venice
1 View15 Days 14 Nights15 Day Trip to Rome, Florence, Venice, Positano, Siena from Castle RockBy: Guest UserCity: Venice, Florence, Siena, Positano, Rome
Ca' Rezzonico, Venice Reviews
Great museum, mostly dedicated to paintings and old furniture. The audioguide is well commented and offered in many different languages. It takes around 2.5 hours to thoroughly visit everything. Please note that many of the famous paintings usually displayed here (like the rhino) are currently elsewhere, in different international expositions. This is why I removed one star. By the way, don't worry, there's not a lot of people here... Very different from the Basilica, for example.
This was very decent museum and was near to other museum attractions. We had museum pass along with Doge's palace entry so it was worth visiting. This is very near to Venice paintings museum
No line incredible collection. For me a must see much better than the academia
We had a wonderful guide who lived nearby so we got a wonderful tour. Giovanna at Tours by Locals
A magnificent Palazzo housing the finest art collection I have seen in along time. The information there provided are excellent and the staff incredibly helpful. The garden at the blackmailing aperfect quiet end to the visit. Do not miss, easy tofindo The Hand Canalwithits own ActV vaporetton stop