Chiesa Di San Francesco Della Vigna192 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Castello 2786, 30122 Venezia, Italy, Venice
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0415235341
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
A chapel stood here in the 13th century, when the site was chosen to be made into a monastery. In the 16th century the Gothic church was given a Renaissance makeover. Raising money for the church by auctioning away personal chapels to the aristocrats of Venice, architect Jacopo Sansovino and friar Fra Francesco Zorzi built the church. A special feature of the church is its emphasis on the Trinity – A nave of 9 x 27 paces, and chapels of three feet to a side.
It’s highlights are:
- Alabaster sculpture of St. Louis of Toulouse.
- Veronese's Virgin and Child with Saints John the Baptist, Catherine and Anthony Abbot.
- Bas-relief of The Life of Christ by Pietro Lombardo.
- A painting of Virgin and Child with Saints and Donor.
- Madonna and Child Enthroned by Fra Antonio da Negroponte.
- Two very picturesque cloisters.
- The 12th century campanile.
How to Reach Chiesa Di San Francesco Della Vigna
- Ferries 4.1, 4.2. 5.1, 5.2 stop Celestia.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Venice before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Venice and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.54% of people who visit Venice include Chiesa Di San Francesco Della Vigna in their plan
6 PM - 7 PM
95% of people start their Chiesa Di San Francesco Della Vigna visit around 6 PM - 7 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Chiesa Di San Francesco Della Vigna
95% of people prefer walking in order to reach Chiesa Di San Francesco Della Vigna