Church Of San Sebastiano230 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Campazzo San Sebastiano, 30123 Venezia VE, Italy, Venice Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0412750462
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Saints Mary and Sebastian are both represented in this church (Mary, because she was the dedicatee of the oratory that originally stood here). The elegant façade of the church looks over the canal. It was also the artist Veronese’s parish church, and is where he was interred. He must have truly loved this church, for he brought all his skill in making sure that the art and architecture of the church blended seamlessly.
The church’s highlights are:
- Statues of Saint Jerome, Saint Catherine of Alexandria and Saint Sebastian on the facade.
- The interior paintings, frescoes and sacristy by Veronese, including the Life of Esther, and the Trial and Martyrdom of Saint Sebastian.
- St Nicholas of Bari by Titian.
- The free standing campanile.
How to Reach Church Of San Sebastiano
- Ferries 2, 5.1, 5.2, N stop S. Basilio.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Venice before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Venice and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Church Of San Sebastiano Address: Campazzo San Sebastiano, 30123 Venezia VE, Italy, Venice
- Church Of San Sebastiano Contact Number: +39-0412750462
- Church Of San Sebastiano Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Church Of San Sebastiano(preferred time): 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Time required to visit Church Of San Sebastiano: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.66% of people who visit Venice include Church Of San Sebastiano in their plan
33.33% of people start their Church Of San Sebastiano visit around 7 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Church Of San Sebastiano
60% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Church Of San Sebastiano
People normally club together Acquolina Cooking School and Chiesa Di San Francesco Della Vigna while planning their visit to Church Of San Sebastiano.